Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Wednesday Wardrobe Challenge: Sailing Away

This weeks Wednesday Wardrobe Challenge was "Sailing Away" - I actually have quite a few nautical themed clothes, but most aren't really suited to mid-winter weather.


Here's the outfit I came up with - red and navy says to me nautical so that's what I chose as the basis for my outfit.


Here's a close up of the belt - which fits the theme pretty well I thought.


Outfit Deets:


Dress - Vintage - Fringe Markets


Cardy - Illicit Clothing, Aotearoa


Scarf - Bling


Tights - Farmers


Boots - Number One Shoe Warehouse


Belt - Trade Me


Also - I have decided that red and green does NOT make me look too much like a Christmas Tree. But as my lovely friend Helga! pointed out - there are worse things to look like that Christmas Trees!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

awwe the belt is amazing!
the colour scheme is very nautical too! :D
Rosie xo

cb said...

you look awesome! i love nautical, i have a pair of sailor pants that i just adore wearing. that belt you have is super amazing too. great outfit sweetie!

xo,
cb

Meghan Edge said...

Very nautical and no, you do not look like a Christmas Tree. Ha- I just realized your name is Trees. Christmas Trees. Giggle.

I envy your cardigan and tights.

rebeccalucyh♥ said...

I love all things nautical.
Adore that belt! Cute outfit :)xx

What Sadie Did said...

Love this!! You look great! I had to 'warm up' my nautical wear too cos it was so blinking cold yesterday - and I didn't even get a photo of it - whoops!

Sadie x
http://whatsadiedid.blogspot.com/

Trees said...

Seriously thanks for all your sweet comments! Sometimes I feel like such a geek posting pictures of myself for the Wednesday Wardrobe challenge - so your encourangement and well wishes is most appreciated:D