Saturday, July 30, 2011

Taipei Postcard Quilt

I FINALLY used my sewing machine, the project may be small, but its the first step to sewing stardom - right?

A long time ago I made a couple of postcard quilts with various postcards I picked up around town at various places. Postcard quilts look kind of cute, they don't have to be perfect and they take minimal time to complete.

Earlier this week I was sorting through some craft stuff and I came across a package of postcards I had bought when I attended the Taipei International Floral Expo. I bought the postcards because I thought they were cute as they featured the mascotts of the expo. I really wanted to display them somehow, I just wasn't sure how and then it hit me - POSTCARD QUILT!

The thing I love about postcard quilts is the they don't need to be perfect - which is good for me as I try to build up some confidence with the machine.

You may be able to see from the picture each of the mascotts are am emissary of something. But my favourite is the "Emissary of Hope". I think he is meant to signify new growth - but to me he kind of looks like poop.


You will all be glad to know that while I am not feeling 100% I am feeling so much better! I went and spent some time with my friend Ria today which was pretty awesome (scored a cute new vintage dress even) and in the evening I went to a movie with Rich and a couple of other friends at the New Zealand International Film Festival. So here's hoping in a few more days I will be back to my old self. Hope everyone is having a fabulous weekend!

4 comments:

Paulie Antiques said...

awwe! those are cute! I just thrifted some amazing postcards- it made my day! I am your newest follower! return the favor?

love, polly :)

www.pollybland.com <3

Meghan Edge said...

GLAD you're feeling better honey! And you're right, about what that little guy looks like... you know... ^_~

Trees said...

Meg - Glad I'm not the only one that thinks it looks like poop! I put the quilt on the door to our bathroom - thought that was appropriate ^^

Kc said...

What a cool idea! :)

Kc

http://a-sparkley-silver-lining.blogspot.com/