Monday, July 25, 2011

Wellington Bake Club - Week Two - Savoury Muffins

This week the theme for Wellington Bake Club was "Savoury Muffins" - I have to admit, this is the first time I have ever made savoury muffins. I am more of a sweet than savoury kind of girl so it was a bit of a challenge.

However, I was pretty happy with the end result. I made cheese, basil, sundried tomato and pinenut muffins. Rich said they tasted even better than fresh muffins from a cafe, of course he may be slightly bias. However, today one of my workmates gave me full marks for my muffins so they must have been pretty decent. EXTREME MUFFIN CLOSE UP!! OM NOM NOM!!

7 comments:

Kc said...

Yum they look pretty good! :) keep the tasty baking pics coming! :)

Kc

http://a-sparkley-silver-lining.blogspot.com/

Julia said...

Hmmm yumm the ingredients you chose would be a wonderful combination.
I don't think I've ever heard of snow in Welly, perhaps because it's so close to sea level?
xo

Unknown said...

you just made me so hungry :')
they sound yummy!
Rosie xo

cb said...

I don't think I have ever had a savory muffin! Oh i wish I could try yours!

Xo,
Cb

Trees said...

KC - there are two more weeks of baking club to go, so I will keep the pics coming.

Julia - Apparently there has been snow recorded in Wellington twice - once in the 1930's and once in the 1970's. There is lots of snow in the hills around the city though. brrr...

Rosie - Thanks for the commnet - hope they didn't make you too hungry, they tasted pretty awesome:)

Cb - No savoury muffins! What a crime! If I could I'd pop over to Cali and make you a batch - who knows - one day maybe^^

Helga said...

MMMMMPH! They look delicious!! I'm more of a savoury girl myself,so these are right up my alley!!!
Bubba Ho-Tep was a hoot!! So original,so enjoyable!!! Love Bruce Campbell,loved it!
xxx

lily, rosemary and the jack of hearts said...

fastest blog response ever! Thank you! And these muffins NOM! I want to make some myself. I think I just might. :)