Friday, July 15, 2011

Wellington Bake Club - Week One

I am taking part in the "Wellington Bake Club" as part of "Wellington on a Plate" (a once yearly food festival in these parts). Our team name if "Calorific" and we have one baking challenge each week which we all complete on the same day, we then take the baking to our tasters (my workmates don't know it yet, but they will be my tasters, to honest I don't think they will mind!)and get graded.

Here's a brief you tube clip about week one's challenge which is biscuits (or cookies for my American friends)which we have to make using at least one ingredient from the Wellington region.

I'm not sure what I will make yet - but I am hoping its fabulous!

The Bake Club runs for four weeks with a different challenge each week - I'm pretty excited about the whole thing and can't wait to get started. Its been a long time since I did any serious baking!

3 comments:

Kc said...

Cool This sounds so fun!! :) what a good way to try out local ingredients too! Hope you'll put some photos of your creations on the blog :)

Kc

http://a-sparkley-silver-lining.blogspot.com/

Trees said...

Don't worry - there will be many posts on the blog about this:) Shortly I'm off to shop at a weekend market for some local ingredients:)

Helga said...

OOOOO! Funtimes!
Great idea!
O,I love shopping for ingredients to make magic with........xxx