Sunday, July 24, 2011

Instax Sunday

When I lived in Korea I bought this wee fuiji instax camera - they were hugely popular whilst I was there and although it wasn't exactly cheap I had always wanted a polaroid camera.

Since I have returned home, I don't think I've used my instax camera once which is a little sad.


Recently I've been inspired but The Dainty Squid Blog and I have decided its time to dust off the instax camera and put it to good use.


So starting from this week I am going to have a regular feature called "Instax Sunday" where I'll take and instax photo of someone or something that's been on my mind or that I just find cute or interesting and tell you all about it.

Here is instax photo number one - my sewing machine! I bought this sewing machine a few weeks back as a birthday present to myself, but I haven't had a chance to use it and to be honest, I haven't used a sewing machine for a couple of years due to travelling so I am feeling a little intimidated by it and I just don't know where to start!

I have had a few ideas of what I could make - a simple skirt, a fabric belt (I just never have enough belts in fun colours) and I have even been considering doing an online course just to get me back into the swing of things, this one looks amazing. My friend Ria is also going to help me get my sewing skills in order.

So I do have lots of options to get sewing again - its just a matter of taking the first steps and sewing things again.

So I know a lot of ladies out there are crafty and very handy with a sewing machine - so I would appreciate and tips that will help me to get my sewing/crafty groove back.

7 comments:

Helga said...

Fab camera,darl!!!
yay,sewing machine!!! Go hard,I say! Just start small,and you'll be away like noones business!
Funny,I only just discovered The Dainty Squid 2 days ago!! Awesome blog!!!
XXX

Trees said...

I totally have a blog crush on the Dainty Squid!! Thanks for the advice - I do know I just need to dive right on in. Its just a matter of finding the sewing groove methinks. I shall post all projects here of course. Also hope you're not too freezing down in Chch - feels like to cold is coming from antartic right now here!

Julia said...

I think I may actually be green with envy. I wanted to buy a polaroid camera a while ago but I was told they don't make them any more...might have to have a look in Singapore when I'm there in October.
I've been toying with buying a sewing machine myself, I haven't used on in years either - hopefully it'll be like riding a bike!
Great idea by the way, I'll look forward to instax sundays :)

Anonymous said...

Ooh, I've been lusting after this camera for about a year now, haha. Would you recommend it? The only thing that puts me off is the expensive film but I guess it'd be worth it if used sparingly.

Trees said...

Julia! They lied to you!! You can still buy them. You can even buy them on trade me :) But I would wait for your visit to Singapore - most likely be cheaper to buy one there. Acutally looking forward to your pics of Singapore - planning on going there as part of my trip in Jan:)

Katie - I found it took me a while to get used to the fact that "every photo counts" unlike a digitial where you can just snap away and it doesn't matter how many good or bad pics there are. They are a lot of fun and great for special events. The film is expensive - I buy it online and works out to about $1 per photo - so its not that bad really and its well worth it I think - so great to have "real world" phots:)

Anonymous said...

yay! i love love LOVE my instax mini !

Trees said...

Seriously - they are the most fun camera ever!