Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Wednesday Wardrobe Challenge - Grey

Hello all! I'd like to start off by clarifying something as my New Zealand English may have confused you all. So in New Zealand we don't call our second hand stores "thrift shops" or "charity shops" we call them "opportunity shops" - which I have always kind of liked. I guess it comes from the whole idea of "one man's trash is another man's treasure".

So when I go second hand shopping I head out to the "op shops" because no one really says "opportunity shops" and when I go second hand shopping its called "op shopping".

Now our lesson in New Zealand English is complete for today.

So today's Wednesday Wardrobe Challenge was "Grey" - I own very little grey as I have always found it to be a rather bleak colour and it doesn't suit me that much.

I do have a couple of grey dresses - one I wore last week for wardrobe challenge so I didn't feel like I could really wear it again. So I tried to wear the "other" grey dress, which Rich tells me is purple, not grey. What do you all think?
Also on the topic of "what colour is this anyway" are these tights blue or purple? I can never decide. But I do think they look rad with yellow shoes.The brooch is another Craft 2.0 purchase and the scarf I acquired from a friend who was leaving NZ to head back home to Canada.I bought a new piece of "bling" when I was in Napier - its and old NZ one penny made into a ring. The date on the coin is 1951 so the coin itself is quite old. I bought it from a cute store called House of Aroha which sells all kinds of cool NZ fashion, household items and prints. They also print their own t-shirts on site and the owner is really lovely. If you ever visit Napier you should go there and check it out!Outfit Deets:

Shoes - Op Shopped, Opportunity for Animals, Kilbirnie
Tights & Cardy - Glassons
Dress - Pagani
Belt - I forget!
Scarf - My friend Iris left when she returned home to Canada
Brooch - Craft 2.0
Ring - House of Aroha, Napier

8 comments:

Meghan Edge said...

Excellent gray dress! I love it. I also love the color of your tights with the dress- and those are royal blue in the photos. Royal blue has undertones of purple and is often confused with purple, but its considered blue.

alicia said...

you look super cute in this outfit! i love your purple/blue tights - yellow shoes combo - and that cute cloud pin! adorable. <3

thank you for teaching us about op shopping! :D

Vix said...

I love how they are called Op-Shops!
Grey is such a brilliant colour, it works so well with bright jewel shades and doesn't contrast too much.
Love that ring and the awesome tights and shoes. Great look! x
PS I know, 1990s vintage? Makes me feel like an antique. x

Wait Until The Sunset said...

I think they are a blue lol, I love the pop of colour with the grey!

Olivia :) x
Wait Until The Sunset

Cosmia, Inflammatory Knit said...

Yess I was so right about what op shopping meant :)
That dress is lovely, grey is my favourite colour! (For clothes at least)

What Sadie Did said...

Love the Napier ring, I have seen some awesome coin rings in the jewellery shop on Cuba (forget its name).
I would say the dress is grey and the tights look very blue in the first pic but slightly purple in the second pic - they are tricksters!!!

Sadie x
http://whatsadiedid.blogspot.com

Stacey said...

Love your grey dress! I think that shade of grey suits you really nicely. I can't decide whether the tights are blue or purple, but I love them anyway!

Jamie said...

Op shops is such a great name! And your new coin ring is beautiful, the whole outfit is adorable!