Sunday, January 03, 2010

COEX, Craft and an icy river cruise

Due to Rich's computer dying and a general lack of time during the Christmas/New Years period I am way behind in my blogging but now I have the net book I am going to try my hardest to catch up!

A few weeks back Rich and I made our first ever visit to COEX which is a giant super mall in Seoul. Our main goal was to visit a craft fair but we couldn't help but have a little bit of a look around first - especially because it was just before Christmas so there were a lot of interesting displays around.

After checking out a few stores we decided to go to the Craft Show, I wasn't really sure what to expect - part of me thought maybe it would be like Craft 2.0 on a mega scale. Turns out it was really more of a "show" but what a show! The works on display were so amazing - a lot of vendors were also selling their stuff. I especially liked the ceramics, the Korean style ceramic jewellery is quite unique.
But the best part of the fair was the chance to try out some Korean crafts, Rich and I made a Hanji box. Later on in the evening we met up with some friends to have some dinner and watch a light show that really wasn't too much of a light show (well maybe because I was expecting Christmas style lights - not lights projected on the side of buildings).

A group of us decided to head to the Han River to go on the river cruise and it was COLD! Seriously COLD! But it was totally worth it - although I'd like to go again in the spring or summer when I can handle standing outside for a little longer.

No comments: