Saturday, February 02, 2013

Taranaki Adventures: Festival of Lights at Pukekura Park

Just a short post from me tonight with even more of our Taranaki - I've almost finished posting about this trip! One night whilst we were staying at our batch in Onaero with friends we decided to head out to dinner in New Plymouth and follow it up with a walk in Pukekura Park.

Pukekura Park is a city park which I guess is a little bit like New Plymouth's botanical gardens. During the summer the park always host the "festival of lights" in which the park is lit up with all kinds of displays.

I have to admit I hadn't been to the park for a few years for the light display - it did seem like each year was the same display, which is kind of boring when you see the same thing year after year.

But this year I was totally blown away - honestly the photos don't really do the light displays justice (my camera just isn't that fancy), but trust me, it was an amazing display. The perfect thing to do on a summer evening after a dinner out. 










My favourite lights were the jelly fish, they look cool in these photos, but in real life they are exceptional.

I hope you've all been having a great weekend, I'm spending most of this weekend at a "sew a vintage pattern in a weekend course"! It's pretty exciting, no doubt I will show you the results very soon.

7 comments:

Vix said...

Those jellyfish lights are absolutely stunning! I want some in our garden! x

Jo said...

It sounds that you had amazing time!

Unknown said...

Wow those light look crazy. Really love them!
Btw excuse me for the delay in getting the thing I promised to send you- I will do that, it has just been taking me more time than I expected x). Suddenly things that I expect are not in shops I expect them to be x)

Curtise said...

What amazing lights, they look fabulous. The jellyfish are really cool.
Looking forward to seeing how your sewing turned out. xxxx

Frocktasia said...

Wow, those jellyfish lights are surreal and utterly stunning.
I love jellyfish, they are such amazing & intricate creatures, I love looking at them when I'm diving. When everyone else is looking for big fish, I'm quite happy shining my torch at the trailing tentacles of a jellyfish...x

alicia said...

so pretty! i love lights and we always have some twinkly string lights up all year! nothing as sexy as those jelly fish though!

can't wait to see what you've made this weekend!

Pull Your Socks Up! said...

Oh yessssss the neon jellyfish are so beautiful!! I love light shows - just add an off-the-hook DJ, hot sweaty dancing bodies and water cannons and I'm happy. Oh dear, I seem to be having BDO flash-backs (kidding!!) xoxoxo