Monday, July 18, 2016

A little dress for Georgia

Your eyes are not deceiving you - I am posting in two days in  a row! Here's another little project I haven't shared with you all yet.

Recently a friend of ours was heading over to Melbourne where my best friend from law school lives so I thought I'd take the opportunity to send over something for her little girl Georgia.

I had limited time so rather than use a brand new pattern, I thought I'd make another dress using this tried a true vintage pattern that I used to make a dress for my niece Sophiia when she was much younger.
This pattern is a very simple girls shift dress, I've also loaned it to another friend who used it to make her niece a dress. It's been very loved since I purchased and who knows how many times it had already been used by the time I bought it.
I chose to make Georgia's dress from this FREAKING ADORABLE bunny fabric I had in my stash. I don't remember where I got this but I'm pretty sure my thought process was something like this - "OMG  BUNNIES!! I LOVE BUNNIES!! SO CUTE!! I  MUST BUY IT!!"

It's for reasons such as this I now own way too much fabric for one human being (although I do console myself in the fact that I have friends that are bigger hoarders than I am).

Here's the finished dress - its pretty cute with all the wee bunnies all over it, I think Georgia is actually too small to wear it now, but hopefully I will get to see here wearing it sometime in the future.

I hope you all have a good week - I'm only working three days this week as we are heading off to see The Cure in Auckland on Thursday! YAH!!

1 comment:

Louise said...

That's such a cute dress! I'm sure she's going to love it. And yay for bunny print fabric!Hope you have fun watching The Cure. :) xx