Saturday, October 27, 2012

Saturday Fun times: Wind and High Tea

The last week has been rather tiring - so I was exciting to catch up with some fabulous friends today and just relax. Some time ago Jess, Celia, Katrina and I had decided to meet up at Soi at Evans Bay for High Tea. 

Evans Bay is about an hour or so walk from our apartment in the city and despite my lovely friends offering to drive me to the restaurant, I decided to walk out there. It was a pretty windy day, but it was still a pretty good walk - I kind of love days like this when the sky is overcast likes this. 








When we arrived at the restaurant - we were given a tray of tea and were able to choose which tea we would like.When you chose the type of tea you wanted, all you had to do was pop that into your teapot and the staff would come around with hot water to make your tea.
Here's a selection of the goodies we had at our High Tea - at this particular high tea there was a lot of sweet things. Which I was pretty happy about as I have a HUGE sweet tooth - the mini pavlova were amazing.


Fun times with fabulous friends!

Jess and I are both rocking florals today!

A couple of photos inside the restaurant - this restaurant is on a wharf so you can watch the boats sail by which is pretty rad.

I hope you've all had a super weekend so far xoxo

7 comments:

CityScape Skybaby said...

This looks like my perfect day Trees, a walk along the shore followed by tea and lots of cake, oh and friends of course but lots of cake mmmm. xx

Meghan Edge said...

I really wish there were tea shops or high tea (that didn't cost a bundle) around here. I just read a post where someone was having a craft night at a tea shop and it looked amazing! This day just looks so fun. :-)

Fear is a Dirty Word said...

Wow the food and scenery both look amazing!

Best,
Samantha

Krista said...

I love having high tea, but I don't think I have ever had a view like that. Gorgeous!

cb said...

So glad you got some time with your friends. We all need that, i know. I,love your dress, is that one that you made? All those goodies are making me hungry!
Xo,cb

Pull Your Socks Up! said...

Oh I LOVE your red floral frock so much!! I would have joined you on your walk, but I'm sure part of the fun is to be left alone with your own thoughts as you make your way to high tea. I love overcast days too:) xoxo

alicia said...

mini pavlova!!! i can't wait to make mine! i really want to have high teaaaaaaa! maybe we can make one for ourselves at my house? or just watch tv and eat doritos. either way! <3