Sunday, April 01, 2007

Clothes Swapping Party

Well last night as something different I went to a clothes swapping party at Kat's - I've never been to anything like that before but it's a really cool idea.

I meet a couple of new girls - Lil and Debbie (I especially like Debbie - as I snatched up lots of her clothes!).

All in all I ended up with TWENTY new items of clothing - which is absolutely HEAPS! I figure if I don't wear it all that's cool because there's going to be another clothes swapping party in June...so I can always contribute it to the pile then and give it to someone else who'd like to have it.

Anyways I just have to share something else with the rest of the world - which may shock and surprise many people - last night I actually baked something to take along to the clothes swapping party! Shocking I know (given I'm the least domestic grrl in the world).

Anyway the recipe I made was "Deb's Chocolate Cloud's" and I got it from Muse Feminist Magazine - They are super duper easy to make and are kinda like chocolate macaroons.

Anyways - if you'd like to make them yourself - because if I can make them - anyone can - the recipe is below..mmm...

Deb's Chocolate Cloud Recipe

3 Egg Whites
Pinch of Salt
3/4 Cup Castor Sugar
1 Cup Dessicated Coconut
2 Tablespoons of Cocoa

Beat Egg whites until frothy (peaking).

Gradually add salt abd sugar while beating until mix is white, thick and glossy.

Mix cocoa and coconut together separately then fold gently into eggwhite mixture.

Dob onto baking paper and bake for 20 mins at 170 degrees C.

Allow to cool before dipping in melted cooking chocolate (I never actually dipped my clouds in cooking chocolate - seemed a bit too much like hard work!)

No comments: