Tuesday, January 12, 2016

2015 Retrospective

It turns out at the moment I'm more into looking backwards than looking forwards, maybe because some years I find facing a new year a little bit daunting.

So I thought I'd take the time to look back over some of the things I loved in 2015:

Lavender Picking -   Last year I went lavender picking for the first time ever, its something I'd wanted to do forever and it was so much fun (even with all the bees). I'm going to go again in a few weeks seen as its summer again and I can't wait!

Buying a House - Last year we bought our first property which was a pretty big deal, I can't believe we have been living here for nearly a year now. I'm pretty sure this is the most adult thing I will ever do!
Easter - Easter is my favourite holiday and this year I will be spending it in Manila, last year was pretty fun too though. I went for a lot of autumn walks, had an Easter themed High Tea, ate lots of treats and dyed Easter Eggs with Kool Aide.
Red Pandas - I didn't blog much during May, June or July as I just wasn't feeling it, but now I feel bummed I didn't do it! Our anniversary is in June though and this year we decided to meet the red pandas at Wellington Zoo to celebrate.
USA Trip - This year we spent three weeks in the USA and traveled to Honolulu, Maui, Seattle (more Seattle posts here and here), Portland (more here and here), Eugene, San Francisco (more here and here) and finally LA (more here and here). It was a trip of epic proportions, we did seven plane trips and an overnight train. I feel like this years trip will be more relaxed, but I may be kidding myself.
Lux Festival - The Lux Festival was amazing as always and it left me wishing I had a better camera!
Kawaii High Tea - I had a Kawaii High Tea as a belated birthday get together and made a jacket I am super proud of , I need to find a reason to make another one.
Halloween Swap - I did my annual Halloween Swap with Vany,  and now I am the proud owner of the perfect pair of handmade zombunny slipper.
Halloween Lunch - I also had lunch with some of the best ghouls I know on Halloween day.


 On Aunty Duty - My nephew Lukah came to visit us for his first ever trip to the big city!
Christchurch - Rich and I bought tickets to Courtney Barnett and decided to make the most of our whirlwind trip to Christchurch.
Christmas - Despite not being the biggest fan of Christmas, I did take part in a Christmas blogger swap,  Lovely Club Christmas Lunch and a Christmas Decoration Swap.
I guess one of the benefits of keeping a blog is it helps you to realise that over the course of a year you do a lot of fun stuff. Bring on more adventures in 2016!

2 comments:

Louise said...

It sounds like you had an amazing year, and it's incredible how much you managed to do in just one year! I loved reading about all your travels. I'm still so jealous you got up close to some red pandas- they are the cutest little things ever! xx

Kezzie said...

You have had an Amazing year! Your summer trip sounds epic!!!!!!! Seriously, that sounds so fab!!!! A red panda???? I've never heard of such a thing!!!Xx