Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Crusing some craft blogs

So, after telling my friend Jaimee at roller derby practice last week that I haven't been sick for nearly all of winter - guess what happened? I woke up on Monday feeling not too flash...then yesterday I felt more dodgy and came home from work at lunch and today I am well and truely unwell. It's nothing major - just a bit of a cold with aches and pains and what not but very annoying.

But in between napping and getting lots of fluid and all that kind of stuff you need to do when you are unwell I managed to come across some fun craft stuff on the interweb.

Firstly is the Lilysmakebelieve blog at - http://lilysmakebelieve.blogspot.com/ - these are the lovely folks that made the super cute owl necklace I bought from Swonderful recently. The site even has a link to their esty shop where they sell all kinds of wee owl necklaces and also hedgehog necklaces. Cute.

The only other thing I did today in my house bound state was buy a felting kit - this felting kit to be particular.



I've been wanting to learn to needle felt for a while and I have searched both Trade Me and Spotlight for kits but the end product was always SO naff - whereas this little guy is adorable and he is a beginners kit!

If I like felting this guy I may pick up another kit - both the owl kit and the panda kit were very tempting but they were both for the experienced needle felter. So one step at a time - start with the little penguin guy and move upwards and onwards from there.

No comments: