Friday, February 19, 2016

Lovely Club Fabric Swap

One of my goals for this year was to buy no knew fabric, however, I can attend craft/fabric swaps to "refresh" my stash.

So a few weeks back I organised a fabric swap with some Lovely Club friends, the turn out was smaller than I expected, but that's fine with me as everyone seemed to enjoy themselves and come home with some new treasures that made them happy.

I took over a whole suitcase of fabric, patterns and other "bits" and I am glad to say I came back with less than I took to the swap which is an improvement, even if my sewing room/cave is still bursting at the seams, perhaps its bursting a little less right now than it was before.

I thought I'd share a few bits of my 'new' fabric with you guys, I really got so lovely things.
First up is this lovely kind of tropical drill fabric that I got from Rachel, I don't know what exactly I will do with it because its quite heavy. I was originally thinking maybe a skirt, but a tote or some other kind of bag would be pretty useful as well.
I got this soft fabric with a lovely drape from Patricia, I love the colours so much. I am thinking I'd like to make a few more separates this year and I think this would make a great pussy bow blouse, I have this pattern I got free with a sewing magazine which looks pretty simple so I'm going to try and make it with this fabric.
This super cute fabric is something else I got from Rachel, I didn't think too much what I'd use it for when I got it. I just wanted it because I thought it was so pretty! There is quite a lot though and as its kind of summery I think I will try and make a dress with it for our upcoming trip. I think it could look pretty great as a simple fit and flare dress using this pattern.
I got this kind of satin stuff from my friend Emma,I have a metre or maybe a metre and a half of this. I'm not quite sure what to do with it yet. I would make lovely  lining in a jacket/coat or I could make a simple top with it like this one
This fabric is another one from Emma, she made a cute shirt dress from this fabric! I love it so much, I don't have a lot of  it, but I am hoping to squeeze some kind of simple top out of the bits I have.
This was another find from Emma, a whole lot of tulle to make some kind of giant tutu - obviously.
I got this faux leather from Rachel, I've been making a lot of smaller things lately like bags and purses and I thought I could use this as part of those kinds of projects. I'd also like a new passport cover so I will probably use it for that project as well. I just need to get the right fabric for my machine!
This is another fabric from Emma and I am hoping I have enough of this to make some kind of blazer, or light jacket. I only have one jacket at the moment and its a heavy wool jacket for cold days. I'm not sure the pattern I'd use yet, but I have a Japanese pattern book that has a couple of jacket patterns I'd like to try out.
This stuff is so cute! It's from Rachel as well, I think its going to be used to make an apron for one of my friends that loves baking.
So many scraps! Normally I don't pick up scraps but this year I have been doing a lot of smaller projects as well as dressmaking so I decided I'd actually use some of these. The butterfly fabric is actually stretch fabric so it will end up  being underwear! The blue fabric with gnomes I  picked up with a particular swap in mind. The other scrappy bits are because I'd like to make my niece and nephew quilts for their birthdays this year. Sophiia's birthday is first and she is the ultimate "girly girl" so pink and bows will work in well with her quilt (I also have cupcakes and cutesy things).
This photo does not justice to this fun cord I got from Joy, it's a really fun cord with some stretch. I originally took it to try and make some cords for Rich, but he doesn't like the fabric. That's ok though, I still really like it so when it get's a bit cooler I am going to make this dress with it and the remaining fabric can go back to another swap (there's a tonne of this fabric!).

I just wanted to say thanks to those who were concerned about me due to the operation, I'd doing ok now, but still in recovery mode. I've laid pretty low this week and will be working from home need week. I am on the mend, but as always these things take time xo

2 comments:

Vix said...

Good to hear that you're on the mend!
I fancied doing some sewing this afternoon but when I cracked open the stash box hated everything so I've bagged the whole lot up to take down the chazza! I need to go on a buying mission. xxx

Kezzie said...

I'm so glad you are on the mend. I didn't comment on it in the last post as I.hoped to find how you were I'm subsequent posts!!!Xx
The materials are gorgeous! Gnomes!!!