Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Thank you Everyone

It has only been a few days since I found out about Marth but everyone has been so fantastic to me.

They say that you find out who your true friends are in a time of crisis, and if that is the case then I am so lucky as I have many many good friends.

Thanks to you all for your hugs(real and virtual), texts, e-mails and phonecalls!

Ange sent me this poem this morning - she read it at her Dad's funeral - it's very poignant and I felt that I'd like to share it with the world.

Death is nothing at all

I have only slipped away into the next room

I am I and you are you

whatever we were to each other

that we still are

call me by my old familiar name

speak to me in the easy way

which you always used

put no difference in your tone

wear no forced air of solemnity or sorrow

laugh as we always laughed

at the little jokes we enjoyed together

pray smile, think of me, pray for me

Let my name be ever the household word

that it always was

Let it be spoken without effort

without the trace of a shadow in it

Life means all that it ever meant

it is the same as it ever was

there is unbroken continuity

why should I be out of mind

because I am out of sight?

I am waiting for you

somewhere very near

just around the corner

All is well

Henry Scott Holland(1847-1918)
Canon of St Paul's Cathedral

No comments: