Saturday, March 27, 2010

Movie update - The Good, The Bad and the VERY Ugly

I haven't had a movie update in a while, mostly because I've been sick and haven't been on a computer much. However, I have made some progress with my New Years resolution for 2010 and I have seen movies 14, 15 and 16 which I refer to as the good, the bad and the ugly.

First of all is the GOOD.

The good is Alice in Wonderland in 3D. This is the first of this new style of 3D I have seen as it was amazing. I have always liked the story of Alice in Wonderland and I love Tim Burton's film making so I thought it was pretty incredible. I know it's had some bad review's but it's not a film that is trying to change the world - it's just a film of whimsy and I like that. Also it's my first 3D movie since the days of the red and blue glasses and I have to say it's so incredible. I really should have made more of an effort to go and see Avatar in 3D.

The BAD.
This is another film I watched on one of the film channel's we have, I remeber it when it came out when I was at University. The plot is pretty lame and the acting pretty average but it's an ok movie - although the ending wasn't as gory as I remeber? Either there were two endings - one less violent than the other or I am getting confused with another movie? Maybe it had a much more violent sequel?

The VERY UGLY
I knew this film would be bad and as you have guessed from my previous movie blogs I do like "B" Grade Horrors. Prior to this film I had never seen a movie with the word "zombie" in the title I didn't like. However, this is simply the worst movie I have even seen as that's up against some pretty strong competition. In this movie there are no zombies! Why the title feels that it can claim there are zombies I have no idea - it is truely truely terrible and should never be watched by anyone - ever.

No comments: