Friday, October 02, 2015

USA Part Twelve - Walking in San Francisco

If you've red this blog for a while, or even know us in real life, you will know that we are huge fans of walking and just exploring.
On our second day in San Francisco we pretty much spent our whole day walking and exploring the city.  We didn't really have any definite plans!We began at our hotel in Geary Street and walked to the Embarcadero, which is the waterfront area.
I have to say after the heat in Hawaii, Washington and Oregon (I'm looking at you especially Portland!) it was so nice to be in San Francisco, it was so great to actually wear a cardi and tights. It almost felt like Wellington weather!








We spend quite a long time walking around the Embarcadero and we finally ended up at Lombard Street. The street was full of tourists and I imagine its like that every day - I think I'd go a bit crazy if I lived there, it is a beautiful street though.
After a bite to eat, we decided to Coit Tower, I have to admit last time I was in San Francisco I hadn't even heard of Coit Tower and I LOVE towers so I was excited to check it out.
The tower was built in the 1930s and is a beautiful building, my only complaint is we had to wait a LONG time before we could get to the top and we weren't told that at the door which was a little frustrating. We'd walked a long way at this point and had sore feet and didn't realise we'd have to stand around for an hour waiting to get a lift to the top.
Maybe I shouldn't complain, if we knew how long the wait was going to be and walked away we would have missed out on these views!






After this we had one more day exploring San Francisco, with our old friend Dani from Korea!

2 comments:

Louise said...

I'd love to see Lombard Street one day, it looks really pretty as well as completely crazy. And the views from the top of that building look gorgeous. xx

Unknown said...

Even though the weather was a bit cloudy the pictures still look very pretty! I definitely want to go and visit San Francisco one day! Love the steep street with all the flowers and hedges, it looks so picturesque!
Your dress and the quirky teeth necklace are reallx adorable too! :)

Bad Taste Toast - A German/Australian Style Blog