On Wellington Anniversary day the craft group had a "pie" party to celebrate Donna's birthday.
For the party I made Caramel Cup which look like this:
The are super sweet and I am sure each caramel cup equates to one new filling in you mouth. Heres' the recipe:
Chocolate Caramel Cups:
60g Butter, softened
2 tbs castor sugar
1/2 cup (75g) plain flour
2 tbs desiccated coconut
100g good quality dark chocolate
395 g can of sweetened condensed milk
2 tbs golden syrup
1. Preheat over to 180 C. Grease 20 1 1/2 tbs mini muffin pans
2. combine butter & sugar in a bowl until pale & creamy. Add flour and coconut & stir until well combined. Spoon 1 1/2 tbs of mix into each muffin pan pressing down with your fingers & bake in the preheated oven for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from over and reduce oven to 160 C.
3. To make filling, combine condensed milk, golden syrup & butter in a small saucepan over a medium low heat and cook, stirring for 1 - 2 minutes or until smooth. Pour evenly amongst muffin pans and bake for 5-7 minutes or until golden brown and filling sets.
4. Leave to cool, then use a small sharp knife to carefully run around the edge of each pan to remove the caramel cups and place on a tray.
5. Melt chocolate in a double boiler and add a dollop to each cup.
Here's what the rest of the crafty foxes made for "Pie Day":