Tuesday, October 02, 2012

Tulips and Lanterns

As you all know I spent this weekend feeling pretty rubbish - to be honest, Rich and I still don't fell 100%, worst bug EVER!

But we did go to the botanical gardens on Saturday to check out all of the tulips - every year the gardens has a spring time festival and one of the highlights is the tulips. They are usually only around for a few weeks, so you have to make the most of them whilst they are in bloom.




The Chinese church across the road was having a lantern festival at the same time we were visiting the gardens so we went over and checked out the festival as well. I loved the Hello Kitty lanterns best of all - which is no surprise!






I also thought I'd share some street art we came across in the city over the weekend - there is a fence on Vivian Street that is often home to some temporary street art. 

This week the art included a craft-tastic work in support of Pussy Riot - I thought this is pretty rad.
This was a very sweet little piece of street art - free balloons all round!
I hope you all had a lovely weekend - here's hoping that this will be the week that the sickness will disappear for good!

7 comments:

Vix said...

I'm sorry you're both still ill! You certainly don't look it!
Those tulips are gorgeous as are the lanterns. x

cb said...

Gosh you poor things! Still sick! Boo!! Well at least you got out and enjoyed the beautiful flowers! What a great place.
Xl,cb

Curtise said...

Gorgeous flowers and lovely lanterns. You look great, despite still feeling unwell. I am going to have to fight you for the title of Sufferer of the Worst Bug Ever! xxxx

Sabrina said...

Cannot believe how beautiful it is. It is 100 degrees in LA... ugh!!
I hope you guys feel better!
xo-
sabrina
www.samplesize16.com

Georgia Rose said...

Hey, I saw you at Film Soc on Monday! I considered coming and saying hi but I was in a bit of a state due to sleeping for the entire film, as I have to get up at 5am on Mondays and go to work and uni all day. Maybe next week I will be a little more alert and introduce myself!

Lakota [Faith Hope and Charity Shopping] said...

Sorry to hear you've been sick, hope you're on the mend by now. This post has some of my favourite things - flowers, paper lanterns and street art - what more could you want?
x

alicia said...

i love tulips! AND lanterns! everything awesome is in wellington!!!