Saturday, October 13, 2012

Ask Trees - Part II

Hello World - sorry I have been AWOL for a while, its really been a week of some pretty big ups and downs. I didn't even do a Wednesday Wardrobe Challenge, which hardly ever happens.

I decided it was time to answer another "Ask Trees" this question is from the amazeballs Helga Von Trollop:

What's your fave place you've traveled to so far, and what is your ultimate destination?!

If you've read my blog for a while, you will know that I do LOVE to travel and see the world. This can be a little bit difficult when you do live at the bottom world like I do. But when it comes to my favorite destination to date, there is really not questions, it has to be my second home - South Korea!








Rich and I lived in Korea for a whole year in 2009-2010 and it was pretty much the best time EVER! I love Korea! The food is delicious, the people are amazing and friendly and there's so much history and beauty. I also meet rad people from all over the world - best time EVER!!

Coming in a second place would have to be Japan - Rich and I have done one trip to Japan and I would love to go back sometime in the next few years. We visited Tokyo and Kyoto - you have to love Tokyo - because its pure madness. But I loved Kyoto even more - so much beauty, history and there was the monkeys as well. Everything is better with monkeys!







Whilst South Korea and Japan are my top two travel destinations ever - I have to admit, I've never visited a country I didn't enjoy. Here's a few more photos of the overseas adventures I've had.

Rarotonga, Cook Islands


 Shanghai, China


 Melbourne, Australia


 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia




  Phuket, Thailand



 Singapore





Taipei, Taiwan (we lived here for about 3 months)



Vietnam






Hong Kong



Macau





Sydney/Blue Mountains, Australia






Vanuatu





Phew! That's a lot of places!  

As for part two of Helga's question - what's my ultimate destination - well I don't know if I have an ultimate destination, but my current wishlist of places to visit looks a little like this: San Francisco, New York, Tasmania, Santiago, Bhutan, Havana, Hiroshima, Osaka, Iceland, Indonesia, Iceland, Cambodia, Mexico, Myanmar(Burma), Zanzibar, Berlin, Moscow, Stewart Island, Uluru, Tanna Island (Vanuatu), Beijing, Edinburgh, Prague, Ho Chi Min City, Langkawi.

I know its a pretty LONG list - but I'm a bit closer to visiting two places on this list. Exciting news, this week I bought tickets for the USA - I'll be there for three weeks in May 2013! It's very exciting! 

I'll be visiting both New York and San Francisco and many place in between. I'll be spending time with blog friends and friends I met whilst living in South Korea. I can't wait - exciting travel times ahead. 

12 comments:

Vintage Bird Girl said...

Wow....you sure have been to a lot of places already! And how exciting to be heading to the U.S! WooHoo!!! I'd love to go to America, if only it didn't cost so much to travel, I'd do it all the time if I could. Oh & Brissy must be on your travel list too, because then we can go to all of those vintage shops together! Xx

JuanitaTortilla said...

Aren't you a world traveller! :)

I like how you guys adopted the Asian way to posing for the camera *LOL* Not that I do it :D

Mmm... I am very hung-up about a place that I would love, love, love to visit... Won't reveal it though! :D

CityScape Skybaby said...

I really enjoyed this blog, so many beautiful pictures here. You've really seen a lot of the world already. I was looking at this and saying to Pat that we really need to renew our passports. First place on my wishlist is Scandinavia, especially Iceland. It's reachable by ferry, which is good as Pat won't go in a plane, and it just sounds a fascinating place. xx

Curtise said...

Oh to be well travelled... Never had the money, now have the kids, so unless I do it as a pensioner, it ain't gonna happen!
You must have SO many photos! And so many happy memories. Lovely. xxxx

Pull Your Socks Up! said...

Tommy Lee Jones is the Boss, I want to meet an exorcist, shrines are exquisite and is that a train sleeper car? I have wanted to spend a night in one of those cubbies ever since I first saw Some Like it Hot:)). The pair of you have been on some incredible journeys together and another one coming up to the USA - eeeeeeeeeeeeep!!!!! xoxo

Meghan Edge said...

oh gosh, after all of that Philly is going to look so boring! ;-)

Next ask trees can we please have an answer to how you look so adorable traveling? I mean, how are you so cute in like every shot!? My clothes would be a mess and I'd probably stop brushing my hair.

Krista said...

Holy crap that is a whole lot of traveling! I'm so jealous and happy for you! Was that a sleeper train? I'm intrigued. I bet you are who you because of all of your adventures. Now the USA no way, how exciting! San Francisco is beautiful but Portland is much better ;p
Xoxoxo
Krista

Helga said...

O,darling,I love this post!Thank you for answering my question so beautifully!Our friend and bandmate Nix lived for a year in South Korea too,and she loved it just as much as you! It's not a place I have considered visiting before,but you and Nix are convincing me!
There's a lot of places on your list I'd like to go to too!Especially Iceland,Santiago and Berlin....so many amaing countries and cities and so little time!Bit by bit! And how FABULARSE you're goign to the States! Do consdier Portland,we LOVED it!San fran is awesome,and the Mission district is great for "thrifting"!!EEEEK!
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Vix said...

If ever there was a post to fire up my wanderlust then this is it! I swear you look even lovelier and prettier than normal when you're travelling! xxx

cb said...

So many amazing places!! Im so,jealous! We travel as much as we can too but i think being were you live it is a lot closer to asian. I would love to go to,japan because yes your right, everything is better with monkeys!!! I loved all these pictures and cant wait to see you in 7 months!!!
Xo,cb

alicia said...

"life is hard - ice cream helps." AMEN TO THAT. i can't wait for you to visit!!!!

<3 <3 <3

Camelia Crinoline said...

Wow, you've been to so many great places. That's so exciting that you're going to the US next year.