Friday, October 19, 2012

Patchwork!

Shortly I'm heading out to the movies with friends and I'm pretty excited as I'm going to see ET on the big screen!

One of our local cinemas, Embassy often shows classic movies on the big screen - this year I've already seen Labyrinth and Back to the Future on the big screen and I'll be watching Jurassic Park and Jaws there before the year is out. 

I just wanted to share one of my first patchwork projects with you before I head out - I made a scarf for Rich's Mum for her birthday - what do you think? Apologies for the instagram only photos - my camera battery has been going flat a lot lately.
It's time like this I had a dressmakers dummy so I could have shown you all a bit of an action shot of the scarf - I was wearing a crazy bright floral frock yesterday and I think it would have completed overwhelmed the earthy tones of the scarf if I modeled it myself.
Also - today was a rather exciting day - its the first day of the annual "13 Days of Halloween" swap. My friend Vany (the craft ninja) and I do this swap everywhere and she always blows me away with her mad crafting skills.

Day one included a set of skull mini cards - seriously - how cute are these. I love the pixel look they have.

Vany also included some lollies in the package - I really love these lollypops - how cool are they?

9 comments:

JuanitaTortilla said...

That pixel-y pop-out card!!! :)

Helga said...

Vany is a bloody genius!
I adore patchwork,not that you would know it!the scarf is awesome, and I bet Rich's Mama loved it!
I have NEVER seen ET! Pretty much out of principle,and I just don't fancy it,despite ,loving Drew Barrymoere and wanting her to play me if a movie was made about my life....
Labyrinth totally ROCKS! There's some critters that look just like Rod Stewart that always crack me up! And Jennifer Connelly was sooo innocent! I was totally shocked when I saw her booboids in The Hot Spot,years later!
Have a grand long weekend,darl,do bugger all! YAY!
XXX

Vix said...

That scarf is a work of art, Rich's mum's going to be thrilled with it!
Loving the zombie goodies.
Enjoy ET and don't get blubbering (I know, it's inevitable really)!
Have a fab long weekend. xxx

Meghan Edge said...

What a great swap and scarf! I love patchwork. That looks so professionally finished. :-) I'm very jealous that you got to watch The Labyrinth on the big screen. I kind of hate you a little for that. ;-)

Georgia Rose said...

Hey! I just drew the winner for my Wildfell Hall competition via a random number generator, and it was lucky number one which means you won! Congrats! Email me at georgianess at gmail dot com and I will put you in contact with the shop's owner :)

CityScape Skybaby said...

That scarf is lovely and the fact you made it yourself makes it extra special. Love your Hallow'ene goodies and I'm so jealous of you going on all those cinema trips, it's ages since I've been to the pictures. Jurassic Park was the first film I went to see at the cinema with Pat, though it was his choice, not mine. Enjoy ET! xx

Unknown said...

The scarf is GORGEOUS and how guacamole that card is AMAZING!!! Hope the movie was fab. Sarah xxx

Curtise said...

Gorgeous scarf, I bet Rich's mum will adore it, it's always lovely to receive something handmade.well, by someone with some skills, not if you're crap like me, then you might wish I'd bought a gift instead...
I must be the only person in the WORLD who thinks ET is overrated! I know, I'm an oddball. I was never able to suspend my disbelief and think ET was anything other than a rubber puppet. Too literal, that's my problem.
Watched Jaws with the kids recently, they loved it. xxxx

Wait Until The Sunset said...

I haven't seen ET in sooooo long! I'm going to have to go re-watch it!

Those lolly-pops are awesome!! xx