Wednesday, January 03, 2018

A return to blogging for 2018 - Orange Moneta Dress

Hello anyone who may still be reading my blog! I don't want to lament too much about the lack of blogging in 2017, but instead look towards 2018 and my New Years Resolution of getting back to both sewing and blogging (about sewing and life in general).

So here's my first make of 2017 and the blog post to go with it, another Colette Moneta dress.
I've made a number of versions of this dress already so it's a tried and true pattern (no risk of messing it up and losing confidence) and also it's easy to make a short sleeved version as it's approximately a million degrees right now.
I bought a tonne of this fabric when Spotlight in Porirua was closing down, because I love orange and I love stretchy fabric and I love retro prints and I also love fabric for $3 per metre!
I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and New Years, I do have a lot to post about, including our trip to Korea and Japan in November and my plans/resolutions for the upcoming year! But I will leave it for another day when the heat hasn't sapped all my energy x

4 comments:

Rebecca Young said...

Great to hear from you again - I hope that you have a great 2018.

I love the colour and style of your dress. I look forward to reading about your sewing plans - did you ever make the trousers you were planning for yourself a while ago? I have never been successful with them

Louise said...

Yay! Glad that you've made a return to blogging. I've missed your posts! I love the dress; it looks great on you! xx

Vix said...

Yay! So happy to see you blogging again, Trees! That dress is beautiful, such a pretty colour on you.
Happy New Year! xxx

Natalie Mulford said...

Yay! Excited to see a new post pop up from you! I really love that dress and the fabric is so cute!