Monday, January 08, 2018

Christmas Stocking 2018 - Part One

If you've been following my blog for a while, you may remember last year I went a little crazy and made a LOT of Christmas Stockings. This year I only made two, one for Ria and one for another yet to be named recipient (as she's not yet received her stocking and I don't want to spoil the surprise).
Like last years stockings this one is fully lined, I chose some more of this Santa kangaroo print as Ria as originally from Adelaide and also because it's so cute, the kangaroo fabric is from fabric-a-brac.

The stocking is lined with some heart shaped batik fabric, which I'd like to say I bought when we were on holiday in Indonesia a few years ago - but when we were in Indonesia I didn't find any batik I actually liked! This fabric is from a Facebook destash fabric group.

I filled the stocking with treats that I bought for Ria during our trip to South Korea and Japan in November - I really should do some posts about that trip right?
I really wanted to give Ria her Christmas Stocking before Christmas, but I was feeling pretty sick the week before Christmas (endometriosis again!) so we weren't able to meet up for our present hand over until last week.
On the upside, when we did finally meet up for our delayed Christmas date it was really sunny and we got to have freakshakes at Crocodile - so it's not all bad right?
I've been sewing for a while now, but I still get nervous about giving handmade gifts, especially when the person I am giving them too is a costumier! However, Ria was so happy with all her treasures including her Christmas stocking.
As you can see, we both ended up with the same freakshake - it included a whole ice cream and I pretty much didn't need dinner afterwards!
I also got my presents from Ria and I was so stoked with them! I got some cat print spandex (yah!), a kuromi (my favourite Sanrio character), a cat note book and a cute purse that's styled like a pattern envelope.
It was such a fun, but later Christmas get together - also, I think this selfie is the cutest!

1 comment:

Louise said...

The Christmas stocking is amazing! Love that fabric! I'm sorry you felt so ill before Christmas, and I hope you're feeling a lot better now. One of my sisters also has endometriosis, and it sounds horrendous. xx