So I've been nominated for a Liebster Award by CityScape SkyBaby - I always feel a little bit fancy when I get nominated for awards like these.
1) I used to have a green budgie called Greenpeace when I was at primary school.
2) At high school I played the flute and did up to grade three flute, but only grade one music theory (music theory kind of made my brain explode).
3) I am the oldest of three and my youngest brother is eleven years younger than me.
4) I live in an inner city apartment and absolutely love it!
5) I can't remember a time when I didn't love creepy things and horror movies.
6) One of the trainers at my gym told me I'm a "natural" at boxing - I think its the only time ever I've been a "natural" at any kind of physical activity.
7) When I was at university I wore jeans pretty much every day - I know, hard to believe right?
8) My natural hair colour is mousey brown - but I've been dying it black for a number of years.
9) I love Mexican food and culture - I'd love to visit there sometime in the next few years.
10) I can't drive and Rich and I have never owned a car.
11) We would like to buy an apartment/unit in the next few years - but will have to wait and see what happens.
Here's the eleven questions I received from CityScape SkyBaby:
1. What is the worst film you have ever seen?
I've seen a LOT of films and a lot of these have been horror or "b" grade, just because I enjoy that sort of thing (truly!). But the worst film I have EVER seen would have to be Stephen King's "Dreamcatcher". The Preview looked amazing and it had aliens, gore and friends heading out to the woods and everything going terrible wrong. It sounded JUST like my kind of thing - it wasn't, it was horrible. It came out in 2003 and Rich and I went to watch it in the cinema and we STILL talk about how horrible it was.
2. Who is your favourite comedian?
I'm the kind of girl that prefers TV shows to specific comedians and I do love British comedies. Here's a few of my all time favourites:
The Mighty Boosh
The Vicar of Dibley
The Young Ones
3. Who is your least favourite comedian?
I know everyone thinks he's hilarious and easy on the eye, but there is something about Russell Brand that I just find infuriating - I'm not sure what it is, but I just find him so annoying.
4. Have you ever climbed a mountain?
I guess it depends on your defintion of what a mountain is - our mountains in New Zealand are pretty big, I have climbed any of the major mountains like Mount Taranaki or Mount Ruapehu. I have however climbed some of our smaller mountains, but I'm not sure if I really consider them to be mountains or hills!
5. What was your favourite past time as a child?
I think it would have been drawing, painting and anything a bit crafty and arty (some things never change).
6. What is your favourite place?
It's hard to choose just one! Wellington is my favourite city in New Zealand, but I do love traveling in the South Island and all over the world.
7. Who was your favourite male popstar as a teenager?
I think it would have been Jarvis Cocker or Damon Albarn - I really wasn't a typical teenager. Especially living here in New Zealand where that whole "Brit pop" thing in the mid 90's wasn't even a thing.
8. Who was your favourite female popstar as a teenager?
My first "tape" that I bought myself when I was a wee girl was Madonna's "The Immaculate Collection" so I think I'll have to say Madonna. I still love he old stuff, but her new stuff not so much.
9. If you could meet up with anyone from history and have a chat with them, who would you choose?
I always find this question difficult, as I'm sure if I met some important figure from history I'd go all tongue tied and freak out.
I think I would pick Alfred Hitchcock and I hope that I wouldn't freak out when I told him how much I love Alfred Hitchcock Presents.
10. Do you believe in an afterlife?
I'm a secular humanist, so not really, but then who knows. I guess anything is possible?
11. If your life was a film, what film would it be?
Well I'm original - so I need a film of my very own - perhaps it could be called "The awesome adventures of Trees" or even "Adventures of a girl from the Naki"?
My eleven questions to the blogger universe:
1) Can you speak any languages other than English?
2) What's your favourite movie of all time?
3) What was the first concert you ever attended?
4) If you could visit anywhere in the world and money was no objective, where would you go and why?
5) When you were a child, what did you want to do for a job?
6) What's your favourite time of the year?
7) Do you have any siblings?
8) How many different towns/cities have you lived in?
9) Can you play any musical instruments?
10) What's the best part of your day?
11) Do you have any goals/aspirations for 2013?
I'm not really sure who to nominate as there are so many blogs I follow - so if you'd like to take part feel free to answer my questions.
I hope you've all had a lovely weekend - only 3 more working weeks until the Christmas holidays. Hurrah!