Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Wednesday Wardrobe Challenge: Cosby Sweater

Today's challenge was a little difficult - Cosby sweater! I don't actually own a single sweater, let alone one worthy of Bill Cosby. But when I think of the great Cosby sweaters on the 80's I think of one thing - patterns.

So I found the most patterned cardi I have and buttoned it right up - like it was a sweater. Here's my take on the Cosby Sweater.

I also decided it was time to crack out the boots I bought at the weekend - these wee ankle boots are pretty much like new and the toes are SO pointy. I'm like an office pixie! I bought them for $6 at the Red Cross Shop at the weekend.
I haven't done the big "this is the stuff I got for my birthday" post yet - but I will soon. In the interim let me show you the super cute ring Ria made for me. Hurrah! The photo isn't the best but it's a plate of sparkly waffles. Super fancy.

Well, I'm out shortly to catch up with my friend Matt at a new Mexican Cafe we have in town - can't wait as I've been waiting for it to open FOREVER! Hopefully its delicious.
DEETS:

Boots - Op Shopped - Red Cross Store, Kilbirnie
Tights - Glassons
Dress - Pagani
Cardi - CB's Shop my Closet online store
Scarf - Asian import store at Left Bank Arcade, Wellington (its gone now)
Ring - Made by the talented Ria

10 comments:

Vix said...

That must be the coolest cardi I've ever seen! Like you, I don't do sweaters and that is a fab alternative.
Love your birthday ring & looking forward to seeing more of your pressies! x

Anonymous said...

I love the cardigan and the Cosby sweater challenge is brilliant! The ring is very beautiful and also your boots! Happy birthday!
xxxxx

Lakota [Faith Hope and Charity Shopping] said...

Love the cardi, so much cuter than Bill Crosby!

Stacey said...

Very cute! I'm loving that cardi & those boots. I can't get enough of pointy toes right now, and I'm definitely envious of the cardi!

Curtise said...

I don't do sweaters either, but that cardi is fab! Hope the Mexican food lives up to your expectations! xxx

cb said...

YAY!!! the sweater is soo freakin cute on you! i love it! cosby sweaters are hard to find for ladies, and i agree it is all about the pattern. so glad that sweater went to you!
xo,
cb

Kendy P said...

i have a cardi like that but it is black & white!

Penny-Rose said...

I have never seen a cardi like that - it is awesome. Really like the idea of you as the office pixie in your pointy boots. Mexican food - yum.

Vintage Sweetheart said...

I think you did Crosby proud thats an awesome sweater!!! I adore your pixie boots and coloured tights.!! xxx

Monsterchen said...

i love that skull rockstar chick cardi;) and your scarf looks fabulous with it!
kiss,mary
http://maryloucinnamon.blogspot.com