Friday, July 20, 2012

OOTD: Strawberry Shortcake Dress

I'm calling this my "Strawberry Shortcake Dress" due to the pattern - so of you who follow my blog may remember seeing it on a coat hanger, but I've never actually given you an action shot of this dress.

I made it for our trip to Vanuatu and it's another pattern from my all time favourite pattern/sewing book Chic and Simple Sewing  - I think this is one of the best buys I have ever made in terms of a craft/sewing book, I use it SO much!

Anyway it is a fairly simple dress with a full skirt, I really do need a fancy petticoat to wear underneath to give it some volume.

After yesterday - I was determined to bring some "sunshine" into my life today and the only way I could think of doing that was wearing a summer dress. Also I did feel a little sad that a dress I'd put so much effort into making was wasting away in the cupboard - I decided I needed to "make it work" for winter!

Shortly we are off to have some delicious Korean food and then we're going to meet our friend Nankz to do some planning for the New Zealand International Film Festival - have a great Friday night xoxo

13 comments:

t said...

Cute dress

http://initialed.blogspot.com

Vintage Bird Girl said...

What a sweet dress. It looks so good styled for winter. You must have a real collection of handmade frocks now....I'm jealous! I hope you have a wonderful & sunny weekend. Xx

two squirrels said...

Oh sweet it is a perfect strawberry dress for winter. You look gorgeous in her!!!!!! So much happiness.
Love v

Unknown said...

Gorgeous dress - bigger pics please so we can your fabulousness!!! Sarah xxx

Curtise said...

You can definitely style this cute dress up for winter - she is far too pretty to be left in the wardrobe for 6 months of the year! xxx

Vix said...

You look fabulous, the perfect antidote to a winter's day!
Have a great weekend, take lots of pictures. We don't get Korean food here & the film festival sounds cool! x

Clara Turbay said...

I see here a lot of expression and character, I like!

cb said...

it turned out so great! i love your scarf with it too! you look sooo cute!!!!
xo,
cb

Anonymous said...

I love the strawberry print and Strawberry shortcake is lovely! You should try to wear it with green and white striped tights!Have a great weekend...the New Zealand film festival sounds amazing!!
xxxx

Krista said...

I love this sweet dress and it so deserves to come out and play in winter. You have jazzed it up just so. I am ashamed to say I have never tried Korean food, do you have a favorite dish? The film festival sounds right up my alley...Jane Campion is a favorite director of mine.
XXOO
Krista

Diana S.T. said...

your blog is so cute, and your dress too... let me know if you want us to follow each other ok!
kisses

Monsterchen said...

oh you made the dress by yourself? it is sooooo cute and adorable, that ship fits you perfectly and i love that bow, belt and cardi with it;)
kiss,mary
http://maryloucinnamon.blogspot.com

Stacey said...

Such an adorable dress! I'm glad to see it all styled up for Winter. Good dresses should never be left in the wardrobe!