Thursday, June 03, 2010

Movie Update - Movies 28 - 32

It's time for yet another movie update, I've actually watched quite a lot of movies in the last week or so but still feel like I'm falling behind in my movie viewing!

First of all is "Twin Peaks - Fire Walk with Me". Recently, Rich and I completed watching Twin Peaks season 1 & 2 and decided it was time to watch the film. I hadn't heard good things about the film and it was made two years after the last TV series but it's a prequel to the TV series.

The film wasn't as bad as I thought it might be, some of my favourite characters from the TV show weren't in the movie, but overall it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be and it did tie up a few lose ends from the TV series - but it didn't explain everything. But then with Twin Peaks I think that there isn't an explaination for a lot of things.The second film I watched was "Zombieland" - I've been wanting to watch this one for a long time, but I just never seemed to get around to it. This movie is great, it doesn't take itself series at all, which is what I like in a horror movie. There's some awesome zombies and Bill Murray - what more could anyone want in a movie?I always find that the best way to follow up a zombie movie is with a good vampire movie. In this case the movie is "Daybreakers". I missed this movie when it played in the cinema here, so I was happy to finally have a chance to see it. It turns out in the future, basically everyone has chosen to become a vampire which means there's not much left to eat. This movie is basically about some vampires trying to manufacture artificial blood for sale and other vampires trying to become human again. There's so pretty awesome vampire moments in this one - especially when they are testing the fake blood. I also love what becomes of malnourished vampires.
Next up is the Classsic "The Godfather" which I was lucky enough to see on the big screen at CGV at Yongsan. This movie is awesome, all kinds of awesome. I love it.
In a side note, my friend Joseph told me that Marlon Brando refused to accept the Oscar he won for this film due to the treatment of the Native American people. Instead a Native American woman called Sacheen Littlefeather accepted the award on his behalf. This makes Marlon Brandon even more amazing - if that's possible.
The final movie on the list is a fairly cheesy kids film I watched on a Sunday night whilst I was crafting. According to the movie, there are some people who can read books aloud and they come alive - literally. A while ago the Dad in the story (I forget the characters name but it's Brendon Frazer) reads a book to his daughter and in the process he releases one of the characters from the book. The only problem is, when you release one character from the book, someone from our world gets dragged into the book. In this case his wife was dragged into a book called "Inkheart" the movie focussed around the guy trying to release his wife from the book and the evil characters from the book basically trying to take of the world. It's an easy no-brainer watch for a Sunday night.

No comments: