Saturday, September 27, 2008

An American Werewolf in London

So yesterday when I was at the library looking for something for Rich and I to watch on Friday night I came across "An American Werewolf in London" - now I am a huge horror fan but the whole werewolf thing has never been my scene. Maybe it's because when I think of werewolves all I can think about is "Teenwolf" - not that Teenwolf isn't without it's charm but it's just not horror.


However, I had heard of "An American Werewolf in London" before and I knew it was a bit of a horror classic so I figured that it was worth checking this movie out.


I have to say, for the first time in a while I was not disappointed with a film, I don't know too much about the myths associated with werewolves (I'm a zombie kind of girl) but this film had some pretty amazing effects - particulary the werewolf transformation and the general werewolf eating people carnage.


Not to mention tha guy who becomes a werewolf during the movie being haunted by "undead" werewolf victims who are stuck in "limbo" until the last of the werewolf bloodline is dead - so whilst in human form he has zombie type people trying to tell him why he must kill himself and the best way to do it - including his best friend. Nice.


No comments: