Tuesday, April 02, 2013

Easter Dress

I was planning on doing a lot of sewing over Easter weekend - but we ended up spending a lot of time out and about with friends, which was rad. However it resulted in a general lack of sewing being done. I did manage to make this frock though. 
It's another simple tunic dress made from my Sew La Tea Do book, I picked up the fabric at our last Wellington Sewing Bloggers Network meet up. Here's a close up of the fabric - I think its very pretty.
As you can see from these photos - the weeds have gotten worse rather than better in our car park. I wonder if the body corporate will ever sort out these weeds? Or they are hoping that the winter cold will kill them eventually?
Here's a silly photo - just for fun.
Last night after these photos were taken Rich and I headed out for a walk around town and took a couple of photos - I thought this one was very pretty.
I hope you're all having a great week so far xoxo

12 comments:

Vintage Bird Girl said...

LOVE this frock....I could happily have one of those in lots of prints & colours. It's such a flattering shape & style & I love the Autumn like fabric. Well done! Xx

Unknown said...

You NEED time out with your friends. Besides in my books that dress is a great achievement :)
xo, Lara

http://laralizard.blogspot.fi/

Vix said...

Love that frock and your cheeky face!
Much better to spend time with friends than sewing - that's why I haven't made a thing for ages! x

Krista said...

Cute silly pictures and great print on this dress. Weeds start creeping back for us right about now, hate it!!!
XXOo

Anonymous said...

Everything is dying from lack of rain...except for the weeds! Haha.

Love that fabric, the colours are just really pretty. You chose the prefect pattern to show of the great print :)

two squirrels said...

Oh you are right the fabric is so pretty, I love that you have made it into a dress, so clever.
What a great way to spend Easter.
Love V

Camelia Crinoline said...

That fabric is lovely. The colours are very autumnal. I really like the sleeve length as well.

CityScape Skybaby said...

I think you have to grab time with friends when you can, then the sewing is always there for the quiet times, one thing I notice about you is you're always busy doing something! I love your dress with those boots and the little touches of red in your outfit. xx

Monsterchen said...

oh yeah i really really love the print of that dress madly darling! i can see you had a great time over easter weekend. be happy and stay with your friends is the most important thing in life!
kiss,mary

Anonymous said...

So pleased that some of that fabric went to a good and loving home. Looks great!

Stacey said...

Oooo, I love the fabric! This dress looks awesome on you lovely! That last photo is really pretty, the colours are gorgeous.

alicia said...

at least the weeds kind of look like a garden at this point? i love seeing your fabrics come to life!

<3