Saturday, April 20, 2013

A good day to be a New Zealander

I usually like to keep this blog pretty frivolous - mainly its full of clothes I like, stuff I've sewn, traveling and hanging out with my friends.

However last Wednesday was a good day to be a New Zealander - an amendment was made to our marriage act to allow same sex couples to marry, the vote being 77- 44 in the favour of the amendment.

Here's the scene in parliament after the amendment was passed - the waita (song) is Pokarekare Ana.


It really has been a good week for equality in New Zealand.

8 comments:

Penny-Rose said...

Yay, for being a kiwi! Hope you are having a great weekend.

Pull Your Socks Up! said...

I'm so excited and proud as well! What an amazing vote: 77-44. WOW!!!! xo

Krista said...

I only wish the conservatives in the US would get over their issue with this. This is great news! Thanks for the Korean food recommendation, I knew you were a fan!
Xxoo

Louise said...

I think it's fantastic news! About time, too!!

Curtise said...

It IS great news - be proud, NZ! xxxx

CityScape Skybaby said...

That is something to be proud of Trees, well done New Zealanders! xx

Camelia Crinoline said...

It was beautiful when they sung Pokaarekare Ana. I was so proud of NZ and all the politicians who voted for it.

alicia said...

new zealand really has their shit together! america would sooner make murder legal. they already have cookie cereal, it's all downhill from there!jerks.