Saturday, April 06, 2013

Travel Diary 2013

I booked a trip to the USA last year to visit some friends and also to have some fun travel times - its felt like this holiday is FOREVER away for such a long time that I haven't thought about it that much (apart to tell people some of the things I'd like to do when I visit) but I realised earlier this week the trip is now LESS than a month today. HOLY CRAP! I better do some planning. 

Over Christmas I picked up a travel diary - I have to admit, if I'm traveling with Rich often a travel diary doesn't happen. Rich has an incredible memory and also is basically a human GPS, so I never feel anxious about getting lost or being late when I'm with him.

When I'm traveling alone however, its a totally different matter! I have to write down where I am each day and when I leave and my flight details. I always freak out I'm going to forget what date it is an miss an essential flight. Here's a few photos of the travel diary I took on my trip to Kuala Lumpur/Phuket/Singapore in Jan/Feb last year. I even wrote down details on how I was going to get to my hotel in Singapore (I get lost easily!).
I decided it's now time to start creating my May 2013 travel diary - I've been chasing up contact details of friends I'll be staying with over the past week or so and I'm going to start adding all my flight details and add a few to do lists to the diary over the next week or so. I picked up this diary from typo - its a light travel diary and has plenty of room to record what you're up to each day as well as make lists of things you want to do on your travels. I think I might make a wee pouch for it though - that way I can carry around my travel diary with the city guides and other maps and what not I pick up on the way.
Hope you're all having a great weekend xoxox

10 comments:

Curtise said...

How very exciting! Isn't it great to look forward to holidays? Will you be catching up with any US bloggers while you are out there?
Rich sounds like the perfect travel companion - I am like you, much more likely to get lost and forget things! xxxx

Unknown said...

Way cool.. I have my Japan travel diaries somewhere but they are just folders full of tickets and stuff :D

Pull Your Socks Up! said...

One month????? Oh my gawd this is so exciting!! I remember you booking your trip but time has moved so quickly, well if you don't end up keeping a travel diary, promise lots of pics??? xoxo

Vix said...

I keep a travel journal for recoding our adventures but I'm like Rich for remembering details! Bet you can't wait! x

JuanitaTortilla said...

You sound a lot like me regarding the travel anxiety :)
My memory is AWFUL, even as I try to sit down and recollect what I did and saw a few hours ago; the phone camera has changed my life! Especially when roaming a new street or trying to track back to the hotel... I navigate using landmarks, so photos really help. Maps and GPS are rather useless to me.

I can't wait to see you in May!

Camelia Crinoline said...

How exciting! You always seem to go on really interesting holidays. I have a pretty good memory but I get paranoid when I'm travelling alone so I write everything done and then check it a million times.

Louise said...

That sounds like it'll be a great trip. I like to keep travel journals, but usually just for jotting down what I've seen/done. I usually scribble down all the important transport info in a notebook, though, because I have to be organised otherwise I panic. I like to at least pretend I'm organised! xx

Monsterchen said...

ph that is really a great idea to make a travel diary, i wish i would have done this before too, there are so many moments you want to keep in your memory forever and also it is so much fun to read it months later;) i can totally understand how excited you must be about your upcoming travel adventures;)
love and kiss,mary

CityScape Skybaby said...

I have to do that too Trees, I always get quite stressed about keeping hold of tickets and remembering travel times. Pat always leaves it to me too, probably because he knows I'll check the details a thousand times, but even then I have still messed up sometimes. xx

alicia said...

i can't believe you'll be here so soon - it seems like we've been talking about it for ages! so excited for you to live on our couch for a few days! <3