Monday, May 25, 2009

A winter holiday...

It seems that yet again my birthday is just around the corner, only a few days after my final day at work in fact.

I had been thinking for a while about what I would like to do for my birthday - I had initially thought about going to Samoa but with Rich and I heading to South Korea so soon that doesn't seem very realistic anymore!

So instead we have decided to do our final trip to the South Island for a while and take a winter holiday and yes, I know it will be FREEZING cold!

The plan is to fly to Dunedin on my birthday (and yes we have booked the flights already) and spend a couple of days there, then take the bus to Oamaru and spend a night there head on up to Christchurch by bus and take a day trip over to Akaroa and finally head back to Wellington via train and ferry.

Should cold but it should be a whole lot of fun - I can hardly wait!

No comments: