Monday, May 11, 2009

Alaina's Birthday Stash

My good friend Alaina's birthday is in November - unfortunately I only got around to giving her the birthday presents I made her now. I guess that's the problem with being determined to give only handmade!

Anyways, here's a couple of things I made for Alaina, the first thing is a scarf made from recycled jerseys. When I originally made this for Alaina she was living in London (which is the kind of place I imagine you need to wear scarfs a lot) but since then she has moved back to Melbourne where scarfs are perhaps not much of necessity. However, the scarf is made from old acrylic jersey's rather than wool so hopefully it's not too hot and she will be able to wear it.

The second thing is some handmade notecards - the reason for sending these was simple - so she feels inspired to write me snail mail!


No comments: