Tuesday, April 22, 2008

The "No Seal" Colony

I had been talking about wanting to go to the seal colony in Island Bay for absolutely ages but I had been putting it off until I got myself a decent pair of hiking boots. A few weeks back I went out to see Fiona at Island Bay and at the time I bought some decent boots from Kathmandu - then a decent sunny day happened and I thought what a brilliant time to see some seals...

Well almost - turns out it wasn't time for the seals to be at the colony yet - it was still too early as they don't usually turn up till May.

But that's ok as it was still a beautiful day and a nice walk - even if we had to share the track for 4x4 Vehicles and Motorbikes (yes I am a walking snob - tracks should be for people and mountain bikes!)























No comments: