Monday, January 17, 2011

Visit to Zealandia

Zealandia is a wildlife reserve, very close to the centre of Wellington and even closer to my friend Celia's house (right around the corner in fact!).

Last Friday was a really stunning day so we decided to go and check out Zealandia.

Last time I visited here it was called "Karori Wildlife Sanctuary" and things were a little bit more basic. Now the entrace to the park, the cafe and the signs around the park are really nice - unfortunately it comes at the rather high price of $18.50 per adult ouch! This is quite a lot when there are a lot of other parks run by the department of conservation which are free, but they don't have the same amount of interesting wildlife I guess.

The park also has a lot of history about the Karori area and Wellington and general which is pretty interesting, particulary if you are a local.





You may have seen from an earlier post I have done that I am doing a journalling course at the moment.

Well, I have keep a craft/inspirational journal for a while now. I often keep ticket stubbs and vouchers in there from interesting things I have done. But this time I called upon my new found journalling inspiration to make the page a little more exciting than usual - I was actually kind of stoked with what I came up with. I think I may be getting the hang of this whole journalling thing!

No comments: