Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Birthday Holiday Adventures - Day One

So this year for my birthday Rich and I decided to have an adventure down south - it turned into a birthday holiday of five days.

Our first stop on the trip was Dunedin - it was only my second trip to Dunedin and Rich's first after a very early flight and settling into our backpackers we decided to have a look around town and paid a vist to the local art gallery (and saw a slightly funny and slightly insane exhibition of modern Russian art works). Which was followed up by lunch and a birthday cupcake at a local cafe.


After lunch we took a trip on the Taeri Gorge via train! When I visited Dunedin for work last year I read about this trip when I visited the old train station and I decided that I wanted to do this train trip for my birthday. It was a really an amazing trip - fairly cold though!
















After returing from our trip (which took all of the afternoon) we decided to head off for some dinner and finish off the night with a trip to the Chinese Gardens which is one of the newer attractions in Dunedin and VERY cool - I loved it! It reminded me of one of the Gardens I visted with the girls in Shanghai (on a much smaller scale of course!).




No comments: