Tuesday, September 01, 2015

Some things I've been doing around the city......

I feel like over the last few months I haven't posted much "general fun stuff" I've done in the city, so I'm going to try and do a bit more of that. Starting with the Lux Festival.
The Lux Festival is an annual light festival in the city, when it first began it was only a few nights and now its over a week. I've always really liked this festival, getting people out and about and away from their TVs and computers can only be a good thing. I think it makes people explore some of the city they may generally forget about.

We went on the first Saturday of the festival and it was so busy, it was so good to see so many people out and about even if it was mighty chilly.






This was one of my favourite exhibitions, because I love sea creatures, especially jelly fish!
On the evening we were out at Lux we decided it was really time to check out Wellington Chocolate Factory, we wanted to do a tour, but were totally unprepared. We found out the tours are only once a week on Saturday at 11:00 so will have to head back soon to take a better look at the whole factory, but you know it was still totally worth visiting.
The packaging of the chocolate is ALMOST as good as the chocolate itself (and the chocolate is pretty darn good).

I love the fact that in the inner city we have our own chocolate factory, obviously its more expensive than what you buy at the supermarket, but at around $10 for a big chocolate bar the prices are hardly ridiculous.

Also we couldn't visit and NOT sample some chocolate *duh* so we bought hot chocolates. I tried the Dominican Republic hot chocolate and Rich the Peru hot chocolate. It's amazing how different they both tasted. Rich's had almost a fruity taste to it, can't wait to head back here for the full factory tour.
After the factory we decided to wander around the city, we spend a lot of our time in the city as we live and work here. But we don't often spend some time just looking around and hanging out, it was nice to do that for a change.











Have you guys had any adventures around your own town/city lately?

2 comments:

Vix said...

A great whistle stop tour of your area, Trees! Thanks for sharing.
The Lux Festival (Latin for light?) looks great and I love the graffiti.
Bournville (the home of Cadbury's chocolate) is a few miles up the road and I've never been. Maybe if I liked chocolate.... xxx

Anonymous said...

I really want to do the Chocolate Factory tour too! Also, I love all the things you find and photograph when you're out and about.