Monday, November 05, 2012

Singapore Skirt

Hello World! I haven't been around much in the last week or so - I've been pretty busy with life and I spent most of this weekend as a leader at a Brownie camp which included helping to make Christmas decorations for a wishing tree, helping girls nail together a pair of silts and taking a walk with 21 girls on a wet Wellington Saturday. It was a lot of fun - but pretty exhausting as well.

I haven't sewn anything for myself in a while - so I decided it was time to make something new and so I decided it was time to sew a circle skirt.
If you have followed my blog for a while - you'll know that I'm generally a dress kind of girl. But lately I've been leaning towards skirts - I guess it's time to mix up my wardrobe a bit.
Here's a close up of the fabric - I really LOVE it - some of the stars are glittery (although you can't really see it in the photo). This is some of the fabric I bought it Singapore WAY back in January - it took me a while to finally use it! As the saying goes - good things take time.
Also some of you may remember a few posts back I was feeling like a bad Aunty as I got the date of my nephew Lukah's birthday wrong. Well here's a picture of Lukah with his birthday quilt and he looks pretty happy.

12 comments:

JuanitaTortilla said...

That fabric looks like something Chloe / Molly would like, too :D Did you guys go fabric shopping together while you were in Singapore?

Vix said...

What a fab skirt, the fabric's gorgeous. How cute does Lukah look wrapped up in his quilt? x

Curtise said...

The skirt is lovely what a pretty print. And Lukah seems to have forgiven you, so that's OK! xxx

Meghan Edge said...

beautiful skirt! Did you use a pattern or make the pattern up with your measurements? I want to make a circle skirt so I spent yesterday trying to figure out my circumference. (---> not a math person)

Awwww Lukah is so cute.

Vintage Bird Girl said...

That's such a pretty skirt....I love it mixed with the blue cardi. I'm sure that special quilt made up for the birthday mix up. Hopefully it's something he'll treasure for a long time to come (if boys treasure that kind of thing!). Xx

cb said...

Your weekend sounds awesome! I love that you helped brownies and went hiking with them! Fun!!! I need a good hike for sure! love the new skirt you made, i have so much fabric that is just sitting in my basket waiting for me to have some time to sew! Hopefully soon!
Xo,cb

Camelia Crinoline said...

Circle skirts are the best. I could have a whole wardrobe full of them. I love the fabric you used. It looks great.

alicia said...

i wish that adults could be brownies! also, i love your cute skirt (and my favourite shoes of all time)! <3

CityScape Skybaby said...

I nearly missed this blog Trees. Well done to you for helping out with the brownies, that sounds a lot of fun. I love how you're always so busy doing something, that skirt is so cute with the hearts on your shoes and Lukah looks so sweet and cosy in his birthday quilt, if he's anything like my boys he'll get loads of use out of it. xx

Krista said...

The skirt came out awesome love the print and your lil heart shoes. Remembering exact birth dates doesn't matter you obviously love that lil guy.

Julia said...

Cute skirt, love the fabric & your shoes are adorable <3

Stacey said...

Oooo, gorgeous fabric! The skirt turned out beautifully! I am a major hoarder of fabric that I love. I've got to wait for exactly the right project to come along!