Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Weekend Fun Times

So another weekend has already gone! This last weekend was actually pretty fun - here's a wee snapshot of a few things I did.

On Saturday morning I did a bit of shopping in town and went to Recycle Boutique as its been a while since I've had a chance to look around and I picked up a couple of new things.

First up is a vintage swim dress which I am pretty excited about - especially since I'm off to Vanuatu next week. This is so perfect for our holiday.
I also picked up this cute vintage shirt dress for the office - 100% polyester baby!
I also went along to the Portrait Gallery of New Zealand with some friends and followed that up with a trip to the Wellington Underground Market. This market sometimes has special theme markets and last weekend the them was crafting, so I managed to pick up this rather cute novelty fabric with pegs all over it - I got three metres of this fabric! Now I just have to work out what to do with it.
Later on in the afternoon I went to a Wellington Pink Ladies event, a High Tea at Martha's Pantry which is a very cute little tea room. They have so many lovely vintage things and the high tea was so dainty - I also had the most incredible tea. It was so fun, I hope I can go back there soon.






On Sunday I had a quiet day, Rich was finishing off an assignment (he's now all done and no study for a whole month - yah!).

But I did manage to complete this and I thought I'd share it with all of you now - although you're not getting an action shot as its too cold to prance about in a sundress!

Here's a close up of the fabric - its strawberries and super cute! 
This is another dress from my Simple and Chic sewing book and its called the "Indian Summer Dress" - speaking of that book, I recently added some of my projects to the "Simple and Chic Sewing" Flickr group and I got some positive feedback from Christine Haynes which caused all kinds of geeky excitement! You can see the Flickr group here.

I hope you're all having a fabulous week!

7 comments:

Julia said...

High tea is such a treat isn't it?!

I miss the Recycle Boutique more than words can describe...

Love your new goodies and your strawberry dress is adorable, well done you xo

Vintage Bird Girl said...

I adore that first vintage frock. The print & style are so fab. Looking forward to seeing you rock it on your holiday! And Mmmmm to high teas.....those things are my weakness! Xx

Anonymous said...

I am in love with the vintage swim dress and your strawberry dress!
Also the high tea looks so yummy!

Suzanne said...

Look at all the goody goodness! I really love the prints.

Lakota [Faith Hope and Charity Shopping] said...

Love the swim dress, gorgeous tropical pattern. You lucky thing heading off to Vanuatu!

cb said...

oh that swim dress! i love the pattern and the style is so cute! good find! and a tea party! i love having tiny deserts and sipping on yummy tea, i think it should happen more often!
xo,
cb

What Sadie Did said...

I love Martha's, it's so much fun. And i am jealous of your vintage swim dress, it looks gorgeous and is def perfect for your sunny vacay!!

Sadie xx