Friday, June 01, 2012

Made By Me May - The Round-up

Hello World! TGIF - which is made even more awesome by the fact that it's long weekend! Yus!

I just thought I'd do a wee post about how my Made By Me May went, here's a few photos of the made by me items I wore. I didn't take a photo every single day, but I can admit there were four days in the month I didn't wear something I made myself.

I am still a novice sewer, so I decided to wear one item I had made each day - seem as I usually wear dresses it wasn't so difficult.

I do wish that I did have more time to sew some more new clothes in May - however, as you all know the month of May was crazy for me work wise so I just didn't have enough time to sew as many new things as I would have liked too.

Overall I think it went pretty well for my first time trying to do something like this - perhaps I'll try again next year.

8 comments:

Vintage Sweetheart said...

What a cool idea, it pushed you to get crafty and you have all these great outfits to show for it. xx

Krista said...

Greta set of outfits, I love the last colorful one best! You did a great job making all of these! That's inspiring!
XOXO
Krista

Cosmia, Inflammatory Knit said...

I am SO impressed! You did amazingly! And the last one is my fave, gorgeous!

Julia said...

Congrats! Well done you, it was a pretty big goal & you did it.
All of your creations look great but if I had to pick a favourite it would be your brown dress with the red cardi

Vix said...

You have done brilliantly, I love all your creations, it's impossible to pick a favourite. x

Curtise said...

I'm SO impressed! You set yourself a target, and you did it, and look at all the great stuff you made.
I am so lazy... I'll do something about that. Tomorrow. Maybe..! xxxxx

cb said...

you did soo well and you have made so many dress and skirts! i am so proud of you! i wish i had more time for sure, it makes me sad that i haven't sewn all year :(
xo,
cb

Stacey said...

I have loved all of your outfits & seeing all your sewing this month! Next year I'm hoping that I might have a job (and a good stock of handmade clothing) that lets me try this properly.