Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Wednesday Wardrobe Challenge - The 1970s

Today's wardrobe challenge was the 1970s - when I think of the 1970s one word springs to mind and that word is POLYESTER! This frock is 100% polyester - I won't be wearing it when it gets warmer but its perfect right now as the days are still relatively cool without being cold. I kept my shoes and tights pretty basic today - but if I did have blue shoes I would have worn them. Must look out for blue shoes in op shops in the future.

Yes I am wearing this white belt again - it goes so well with darn near everything I own!
The ring is a cheap one from equipt, sorry I didn't get a better photo - I took three photos and this was the best one I got! The bracelet is from a street vendor in Hong Kong, Rich did that bartering to get it for me. I am so terrible at bartering for items when travelling - I would just pay full price, even though I'm getting "ripped off" the item is still likely to be a lot cheaper than what it would be if I bought it in New Zealand.

Outfit Deets:

Dress - Retro Room
Tights - Farmers
Shoes - Cotton on
Bracelet - From Hong Kong
Ring - Equipt
Belt - Glassons

I just have one last thing to share with you - a photo in which I look kind of terrible (I hate non-smiling photos of myself) but I am wearing some new sunnies I bought on sale from Domino Dollhouse. One of the great things about living in the southern hemisphere is that you can pick up loads of summer goodies from USA/European websites when they are on sale and its just in time for summer in your part of the world! Excellent! I also bought this pretty little frock for a steal. Summer is just around the corner - I can't wait.

6 comments:

Pull Your Socks Up! said...

Isn't it great when you can score heaps of great stuff on sale when the seasons are changing? I do the same as you here in Oz. I love your bracelet so much and I do enjoy a jolly good bartering session myself - yummy sunnies and I love the print on this frock!

Vix said...

You look absolutely fabulous, I adore the 1970s and that frock is absolute perfection and don't even get me started on the sunnies and bracelet.
I always buy my stuff off-season, fake fur coats in the summer and floaty frocks in the middle of winter when no-one can be bothered with them. x

Meghan Edge said...

Oh girl, that dress is hot! I love it!

cb said...

haha yea i think of polyester too! too bad it makes me sweat like a maniac! i love that pattern, soo cute! the flowers are totally something i would get tattooed! you look great in it sweetie!
xo,
cb

Trees said...

Pull You Socks Up - Yah for living in the southern hemisphere! The most rockin' hemisphere ^^

Vix - You know what else is buying stuff off season, you don't wear it straight away, so sometimes you forget about it and then when you find it again, its such a nice surprise ^^

Meg - Thanks, to be honest I wasn't too sure about this frock. But now I have worn it I have decided its one of my new favourites.

Cb - Now that you mention it - the dress pattern does kind of remind me of your tattoos!

Cosmia, Inflammatory Knit said...

Very cute, I really like the print!