I have loads of stories and photos from our time away - but I thought first up I would do a 2012 year in review type post before its too late to do such a thing.
I must say that overall 2012 was a pretty rad year for me, much better than 2011 which I wasn't crazy about. I'm thinking positive and hoping that 2013 will be even better (I already have some exciting adventures planned for this year). So here's a quick look at what happened in the first six months of 2012 (the year of the Mayan Apocalypse) - its been a pretty big year for me, so I'll be doing this blog post in two parts.
- During my Christmas/Summer holidays I completed making my "Space" and "Snake" dresses - I haven't worn my snake dress for a while, but my space dress is still on high rotation in my wardrobe
- Rich and I did the Wellington City to Sea Walkway
- I received some handmade creepy cute softies from Meg
- I completed my Shark Dress - this is another dress that still gets a lot of wear a year later
- I began my first solo overseas holiday starting out in Kuala Lumpur and then traveling onto Phuket for my cousin Mel's wedding
- I kept on traveling and visited Singapore, where the lovely Chloe made my visit a total blast
- I made a strawberry frock with fabric bought from a market in Singapore
- We attended the wedding of one of our best friends Ross in Onaero and had the best time staying at a beach house with a bunch of close friends.
- The "weatherbomb" hit Wellington - so I crafted with Emi, made a zombie brain jelly and went to the Newtown Fair
- I attended the "Second Chance Fashion Sale" with the Wellington Pink Ladies
- I started wearing my new glasses pretty much full time - now I think I look weird when I'm not wearing them!
- I attended not just one, but two clothes swaps and picks up loads of rad things!
- I received a lovely package in the mail from Curtise
- Rich and I had a blast visiting the Weta Cave and Roxy Cinema
- I made an autumnal frock!
- I received a package of awesome from Alicia
- Rich and I went to the Inverlochy House open day and drew on chalkboards
- I made a dress from an old duvet cover
- On Easter Saturday Rich and I walked from the Wellington Waterfront to Kilbirnie in the sunshine
- I also made a dress from some vintage fabric my mum sent me that she had picked up in an op shop
- shared some pictures of the shoe clips that I made for Olivia
- Ria and I went to Armageddon dressed as Princess Bubblegum and Fiona- both our costumes were DIY of course!
- Rich and I visited the Truby King Memorial Gardens on Anzac day
- Holy Crap - we quite literally went fire walking
- Emi and I were pin-up models for a day!
- I received another package of awesome from Alicia
- I went to fabric-a-brac and picked up some treasures including horse fabric
- I made a skirt from musical note fabric and a Sailor Moon wrap around skirt
- I tried to do "Made By Me May" and it didn't work out as well as I hoped it would - but I'll try again this year.
- I received amazing packages in the mail from both Vany and Olivia - so many creepy cute goodies!
- Rich and I celebrated TEN YEARS OF AWESOME!
- I attended Handmade Wellington and made some marbelled paper and a hand carved stamp
- We played mini-golf over Queens Birthday weekend with Nankz
- I blogged a little about my healthy eating and exercise progress over the past year or so
- Rich and I spent a week in the happiest country in the world - Vanuatu!