Thursday, February 04, 2010

What the Book?

Last Saturday Rich and I spent a decadent day in Itaewon, one of Rich's friends from his old job moved to Korea a couple of months after we did. He lives further south near Busan but was heading off on an overseas trip so he needed to catch a flight from Incheon - which meant he was spending a day or two in Seoul before he left.

We ended up hanging out for a long time, mostly drinking and eating way too much but it was fun and always it was nice to hear another New Zealand accent.

Also whilst we were in Itaewon I finally managed to go to What the Book? a bookstore my friend Joseph had told me about, he had bought me a copy of Fangoria magazine from the store before.

I didn't realise just how awesome this book shop was, I'm pretty picky with magazines, I hate your typical "girls" magazines like Cosmopolitan and don't even get me started on so-called "women's" magazines full of pictures of celebrities doing the grocery shopping with no make-up on!

So you can imagine my delight when What the Book sold not only my favourite horror filled magazine, Fangoria but also Bust and Bitch, two great feminist magazines! I spent a lot of won at that store but it was totally worth it!

No comments: