Monday, June 15, 2009

A very birthday weekend

It seems that a lot of my friends have birthdays in June and July and this weekend I had two birthday gatherings in one day!

On Saturday morning I had Yum Cha with my friend Fiona for her birthday brunch, I had never actually had Yum Cha before despite having many friends tell me how awesome it is! It was actually pretty fun to have plate after plate of random food bought out to choose from. My favourite were the coconut buns - even though they were so sweet I could only eat half!

For Fiona's birthday I embroidered her a couple of vintage doilies - I am really happy with the way these turned out!

On Saturday night it was my friend Nilanka's birthday at a wine bar on Woodward Street which was a lot of fun. I didn't make Nilanka a present this year but I did give him a "Paint the 90's" colouring book which went down a treat - sounds weird but if you saw it you'd understand!

No comments: