Saturday, February 22, 2014

Craftster Swap: Affirmation Swap - What I recieved

There was a time, many years back when I was more into general "crafting" and less into sewing and I used to take part in about a million swaps on Craftster.

Perhaps you've never heard of Craftster and the craft swaps they run before, but the premise is pretty simple - someone comes up with a theme for a swap (it could be almost anything you can imagine) and then people sign up to join in. The sign up period stops at a certain time, the organiser of the swap assigns partners and you have a period of time to craft some items and send out to your partner. It's a lot of fun and in the past I got a little addicted to these swaps - doing up to five at a time (the maximum you can do via craftster) which was WAY too much.

I decided I wanted to get back into swaps again this year, but take it easy and only really do one at a time - so in January I signed up for my first swap which was an "Affirmation Swap" - seemed like a good way to start the year. I can't share what I made yet as my partner hasn't recieved her package. But my package arrived yesterday in the mail - so I thought I'd share it with you guys.

Obviously the best part of taking part in swap is when you first open the box and see all the treasures inside.
The handmade item I received were these two really fun hoops with embroidery - "You Rule" and "You Rock". I think I need to start a wall for all the fun hoops I have made and received.
I also received these stickers - I really, really love stickers and these are kind of perfect for the "Top Five" journal I am trying to keep this year.
I also got a whole bunch of tea to try, I don't even remember telling my swap partner I love tea - but I do!I drank a lot of tea on my trip to the USA last year (obviously) but I didn't try this brand. I had a English Breakfast Tea after work yesterday and it was pretty good.
Finally, all of the other treats! My partner sent me some valentines treats as it was around valentines day she sent the package. The heart shape wand is filled with reeces pieces, I also got some junior mints and girl scout cookies.
So there you go - my first swap package of 2014! I really want to show you all what I made, because I'm pretty proud of it, but that will have to wait until it arrives in its new home. Have a lovely weekend xoxo

9 comments:

Louise said...

What lovely things you were sent! The embroidery hoops are really cute. And Reece's Pieces are amazing! :)

Kura Carpenter said...

fun idea. must investigate Craftster for sure. although I hate going to the post office with a passion, so I can't imagine even the thought of receiving lovely swaps would tempt me...

Melanie said...

A forum I used to go to often did swaps and it was great fun putting them together and waiting for the postie to bring yours :)

Unknown said...

Cool! I love packages stuffed with cute items. And I'm crazy for stickers too! Btw you and I have a swap to do too, I have the Angry Birds thingy for you :D

Curtise said...

What a nice idea! And what a lovely box of goodies to receive! xxx

Helga said...

I can totally see how you could get carried away, swaps seem like a lot of fun! YAY for receiving cool goodies, and having your creativity stimulated! XXX

Vix said...

That's fab! Love those cross stitches! I used to be addicted to Craftser but never posted anything as I never felt my skills were up to scratch! xxx

sammybongo said...

Really fun stuff.

alicia said...

your swaps are always full of such great surprises! i wish we could figure out how to get junior mints to you UNsquished! <3