Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Travel Memories Tuesday: Sanrio Puroland

In 2010 Rich and I traveled to Tokyo and Kyoto in 2010 and it is still one of my favourite holidays ever, I would go back to Japan tomorrow if I could. On our very first day in Tokyo we visited Sanrio Puroland - which is pretty much "Hello Kitty Land". It shows how much Rich loves me that on our first day in Tokyo he was willing to spend the day surrounded by the sickly sweetness of Hello Kitty and all her friends. It was a really surreal experience and I loved every moment of it. Also EVERYTHING was Hello Kitty - right down to our lunch. This was my lunch for the day from one of the Hello Kitty restaurants - I still have the plastic container in my stash of Hello Kitty Treasures ans if you're wondering, that white vaccuum packed thing is Hello Kitty cheesecake.

5 comments:

Vix said...

All that polythene reminds me of air travel! Rich obviously loves you to bits! x

Camelia Crinoline said...

Hello Kitty shaped Cheesecake? That's crazy. I'm not sure I could handle all that Hello Kitty.

Unknown said...

Ah! It's so cool that you went there! I never have gone there even tho we lived in Japan.. that sucks rite? Next time planning to go to Disneyland tho ;)
xxx

alicia said...

have you seen this???

http://evakitty.evaair.com/en/

dying.

Krista said...

Too kitty cute!!! I would have wanted to save it forever!
xxoo