Monday, October 28, 2013

Labour Day Adventures in Greytown

It's Labour Day today which means I don't have to go to work - hurrah! Originally a whole bunch of us were meant to head to Greytown for the day, but in the end only two of us went "over the hill" - my friend Nankz and I. But we still had a blast.

We started off with some lunch - we both ended up having eggs on toast for lunch, not particularly adventurous.  I thought I'd share some of the kitsch in the cafe we went to though, it was called "Cahoots".

We came across an "Art Car" - well I guess that's what I'd call it! Parts of this old car had been cut out to make it look like one big stencil. It was pretty cool.


 When a bunch of us visited Greytown at Easter we ate here - its pink and adorable.
 Map of the "big smoke" of Greytown - its a typical New Zealand town - one HUGE main street.
 We visited "The Lolly Jar" and it was such a pretty shop - lollies from all over the world. Including some special lollies for Halloween.


 I've never actually visited this store - but I've always loved this sign.
There are a lot of cute little shops like this in Greytown - old cottages that have been converted to shops, cafes or accomodation.
Hope you enjoyed this wee snapshot of my Monday off work - hope you're all having a good week!

3 comments:

Curtise said...

My youngest has been looking over my shoulder with eyes like saucers at all those sweeties! Greytown look interesting, lots to see, and cool places to browse and eat. Love that cut-out car! xxxx

Vix said...

Cahoots looks amazing, I'd be eyeing up all that kitch and wanting to buy it! x

alicia said...

cahooooots! it's one of my favourite words AND a cute cafe in new zealand! i love the lollie jar! <3