Here are the rules:
1. Link back to the person who passed you the award
2. Share 7 random things about yourself
3. Award 15 blogs
4. Drop them a note to tell them about it
I have to admit the reason that I haven't done these kind of awards in the past is that it seems difficult to find seven interesting fact about myself - but I shall try:
1. I'm one three children and the oldest as well, I have two younger brothers. I am a whopping 11 years older than my youngest brother. Together Rich and I also have a who bunch of nieces and nephews - Kauri, Daniel, Eden, Nikau, Ryan, Sophiia and Lukah.
2. At High School I played the drums and then later on the flute - but I can't remeber a thing now!
3. For those who don't know me in the real world, I am kind of geeky and I have two degrees which I completed at the same time. Maybe I should be honest and say I am super geeky - for those interest I have a Law Degree and an Arts Degree (as in humanities not Fine Arts) in History and Politics. It won't suprise you then that in the real world I am a public servant.
4. I've lived in Stratford, Hamilton, Wellington, Uijeongbu (South Korea) and Taipei and now I'm back in Wellington.
5. I meet Rich when I was the 22 - so next year we will have been together for ten years - blimey!
6. I have endometriosis, which kind of sucks. I've had surgery twice for it and I am so thankful we have such a good universal healthcare system in New Zealand - sure we have waiting lists and all, but speaking to people from other parts of the world we really are so lucky. I try not to let the "endo" get me down too much, sometimes it makes life hard, but I can generally manage it now.
7. I'm a feminist - which these days sadly seems to be a dirty word and is so often replaced by negative tags like "femi-nazi". I just think woman have every right to be equal to men. That idea doesn't seem to be too radical to me.
Also in the same week I recieved an award from Sadie I also recieved one from Rosie who lives in the UK and had a fab wee fashion blog - she is also the most amazing photographer. Rosie gave me a best blog award which has pretty much the same rules except for you have to answer some questions about yourself as well - so here it goes:
Whats your favourite colour?
I like red a lot and of course black (although I remeber once someone telling me its not a colour - its a tone) and also blue.
Whats your favourite song?
I don't seem how anyone could have one single favourite song - that's just crazy! But some of my favourite artists are Nick Cave, The Smiths, The Cure, Pulp, TV on the Radio, Modest Mouse, PJ Harvey, Bat for Lashes.
What is your favourite dessert?
Anything that includes chocolate - I'm not to fussy as long as chocolate is involved.
Whats pissing you off?
The fact the international bands keep missing Wellington!
When you're upset you...
Black OR white?
Why black of course! White is just not me.
Heights - I really hate heights. But it depends on the context - I'm totally happy to got to the top of Taipei 101, but the thought of abseiling or anything like that makes me feel a little sick.
Your best feature?
Thats a tough one! I guess my eyes or my smile? Its really hard to see the best in yourself.
Pretty happy - whats the worse that could happen?
What is perfection?
Cold days home crafting, film festivals, hanging out with Rich, Monday night film society, watching a great band, amazing op shop finds, attending markets, hiking, travelling, amazing exhibitions - so many things!
Cookie Hot Chocolate from Butlers Chocolate Cafe on Willis Street on pay day - they even give you a free chocolate. It's amazing.
FINALLY - award 15 blogs - I don't think I can award 30 blogs! So just choose which award you prefer:
1. A Sparkly Silver Lining
A blog from another New Zealand Blogger - full of fashion and baking goodness.
2. An Exercise in Trivial Pursuits
Chole is a girl living in Singapore who blogs about fashion and other things and has a wardrobe I am very jealous of!
3. Blargle Fargle
Rai is a UK blogger who blogs about fashion, does amazing outfit posts, has rainbow hair and does amazing illustrations.
4. Button Eyed
Its Ria's blog! She's my friend in the real world - an Aussie girl living in Kiwi land with mad sewing skills and pretty blue hair!
5. Crafty is awesome
Jaime blogs mostly about crafts but also about her life in general, I really enjoy reading her writing. Lately she has been doing a granny square swap which is worth checking out.
6. Crafty Pirate
Thera Joyce has the most amazing style and she has load of great tuts for crafty projects. Also, one time I commented about some Kiwi bands on her blog and she devoted a blog post to Kiwi band HLAH.
A girl with the most amazing craft skills, lately she's been doing some porcelain painting which I think is pretty rad!
8. Eat, Bake, Love
Check out this blog by Sarah-Rose for all kinds of baking goodness.
9. HELGA von TROLLOP
Helga is completely FABULOUS and lives in Christchurch, NZ. If you haven't been to her blog before then you are missing out!
10. Meg's Ragged Edge
Meg crafts, upcycles, hoola hoops and shares her own view of the world. She's one awesome lady.
11. Porcelain Complexion
A fellow New Zealand blogger with the most amazing sense of style - do check out Julia's blog!
12. Sew Misunderstood
Sue sews dresses to die for AND she plays in a band. Check out her "vintage chubbies" posts too - awesome.
13. The Citybirds Nest
Cb is a lady who loves her bike and has amazing crafty talents. I find myself feeling especially jealous of all her photos lately taken in the summer sun - seen as its winter down here at the moment!
Sammy is based in the UK and makes all kinds of cute things - I especially love the cake rings she posted recently.
Courtney blogs about her life which includes gaming, crafts, journalling - but my favourite is her Make Up face charts - as someone who is pretty useless at make-up I am completely in awe of them!