Saturday, November 27, 2010

Gu Ling Art Market and book fair

The school where I teach is located on Gu Ling Road in Taipei - recently when I arrived at work I was pretty excited to see an art and book fair was taking place. Luckily for me the fair went all day and into the night so I had a good chance to check it out after work.

The market reminded me a little of Craft 2.0 in Wellington as there were a lot of incredible hand made items. As well as stalls selling books, stalls which I think belonged to various community groups (I don't know for sure because I don't speak Chinese), street performers and also a few corporate stalls.










I decided to make a couple of small purchases - there was so much I COULD have bought but I decided on this rather large quirky teapot ring and a delicate little bird brooch.

No comments: