Thursday, March 02, 2006

The Very Hungry Caterpiller

Remeber "The Very Hungry Caterpiller" from primary school? I have decided that I will be the very hungry caterpiller.

I remeber how on day he ate through a whole bunch of bad stuff - a lollypop, ice cream, some salami, a cookie and that night he had a tummy ache.

The next day he eats through a nice green leaf and feels much better.

So despite my huge and horrible blow out of eating utter crap yesterday - today I am going to get back to my heathy eating TODAY.

I remeber in that documentary "Supersize Me" a doctor talks about chocolate being like a drug because it sends certain chemicals to the brain - so you're not actually in love with the taste but it's the chemicals.

Maybe I just have a sugar addiction I have to control - like how an ex-alcoholic can't even have a glass of wine at a wedding because they know if they do they will totally relapse.....

It seems that if I have only one high sugar thing then all I want to do is eat more and more and more - even though my food crisis was yesterday I still find myself craving sweet stuff this morning and I know I will have to stick to my points for a few days yet before I will stop craving really high sugar stuff again.

Why do I have to put on weight every time I even look at a cake!! And why oh why is it SO damn easy to put on and so hard to get off???

Also - Why is the media and big business so determined to make everybody fat by mass producing high sugar/high fat food? I see crap food in every shop I go into, every time I turn on the TV and every time I read a magazine......

Well enough food drama for now.

No comments: